Incident may refer to:
- A property of a graph (mathematics) (see also glossary of graph theory)
- Incident (festival), a cultural festival of The National Institute of Technology in Surathkal, Karnataka, India
- Incident (Scientology), a concept in Scientology
- Nuclear incident; an irregularity with a nuclear installation not classified as a nuclear accident
- Incident ray, a ray of light that strikes a surface
The Incident may refer to:
- The Incident (film), a 1967 film
- The Incident (conspiracy), an event in British history that took place in 1641
- The Incident (Lost), the season finale of the fifth season of Lost
- The Incident (album), a 2009 album release by the band Porcupine Tree
Other articles related to "incident":
... The 1976 Tehran UFO Incident was a radar and visual sighting of an unidentified flying object (UFO) over Tehran, the capital of Iran ... The incident is particularly notable for the electromagnetic interference effects on aircraft near the UFO ... The incident is well documented in a U.S ...
... Meanwhile, the Eastern States Express approached at 50 mph, unaware of the disaster ... It crashed into the car across the other track, causing the engine to derail and strike a telephone pole, killing engineer Harry Taber and fireman Gerry Fitzgerald ...
... Pumps To raise the number of pumps at an incident E.G ... Mass casualty incident (MCI) Any incident that produces a large number of injured persons requiring emergency medical treatment and transportation to a medical facility ... The exact number of patients that makes an incident "mass casualty" is defined by departmental procedures and may vary from area to area ...
... 1931 Mukden Incident 1932 Manchukuo 1933 Tanggu Truce 1935 He-Umezu Agreement 1935 East Hebei Autonomous Council 1936 Xi'an Incident. 1937 Marco Polo Bridge Incident ...
... in 1908 for violating the Peace Police Law on two separate occasions, the Rooftop Incident (Yane-jō jiken) and the Red Flag Incident (Akahata jiken) in ... When he was arrested in 1908 as part of the Red Flag Incident, he was handed the heaviest prison term he would receive in his life ... him and others convicted at the time from being associated with the High Treason Incident (Taigyaku Jiken) of 1910 ...
Famous quotes containing the word incident:
“What is character but the determination of incident? What is incident but the illustration of character?”
—Henry James (18431916)
“It is of the highest importance in the art of detection to be able to recognise out of a number of facts which are incidental and which are vital.... I would call your attention to the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.
The dog did nothing in the night-time.
That was the curious incident.”
—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (18591930)
“In the extent and proper structure of the Union, therefore, we behold a republican remedy for the diseases most incident to republican government.”
—James Madison (17511836)