Higginson may refer to:
- Andrew Higginson (born 1977), English professional snooker player
- Bobby Higginson (born 1970), American professional baseball player
- Francis Higginson (1588–1630), colonial American Puritan and publisher
- George Higginson (1826–1927), British general and Crimean War hero
- Henry Lee Higginson (1834–1919), American businessman and philanthropist; founder of the Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Huw Higginson (born 1964), British actor
- James Higginson (1885–1940), English cricketer
- Julie Higginson, English actress
- Stephen Higginson (1743–1828), American merchant and shipmaster from Boston; delegate to the Continental Congress
- Thomas Higginson (1810-1884), Canadian soldier, businessman, and political figure.
- Thomas Wentworth Higginson (1823–1911), American author, abolitionist, and soldier
- Torri Higginson (born 1966), Canadian actress
- William J. Higginson (1938-2008), American poet, translator and author
- William Higginson (1822-1905), Canadian soldier, politician, and businessman
- Higginson, Arkansas, USA
- Higginson Island, Northern Territory, Australia
- Lee, Higginson & Co., American Boston-based investment bank
Other articles related to "higginson":
... Thomas Wentworth Higginson House is a historic house at 29 Buckingham Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts ... minister, and abolitionist Thomas Wentworth Higginson, who lived there for a time ...
... Thomas Higginson contributed to social, educational and spiritual development of Vankleek Hill and district during the early stages of community formation ... Both Neil Stewart and Thomas Higginson were the first to represent the district of West Hawkesbury c ... Lieutenant-Colonel Higginson was founder of the Mechanic’s Institute in Vankleek Hill in 1857 and its first president ...
... Lieutenant-Colonel Thomas Higginson (1810 – 1884) the son of John Higginson (1780- ) and Eliza Sheriff (1783- ), was an Irish emigrant from County Antrim, Ireland who ...
... still in the balance, Hosie appeared to send off the All Black lock, Graeme Higginson, only for a group of Llanelli players, led by Phil Bennett to challenge the ... Higginson was allowed to stay on the field with Hosie stating later that there was no sending off, and he had only giving Higginson a warning ...
... Lee, Higginson Co ... The lavish headquarters building of Lee, Higginson in lower Manhattan, built 1928, is now the private Claremont Preparatory School ... In 1935, former Lee, Higginson bankers, William M ...
Famous quotes containing the word higginson:
“The Englishmans strong point is his vigorous insularity; that of the American his power of adaptation. Each of these attitudes has its perils. The Englishman stands firmly on his feet, but he who merely does this never advances. The Americans disposition is to step forward even at the risk of a fall.”
—Thomas Wentworth Higginson (18231911)
“Its what you do, unthinking,
That makes the quick tear start;
The tear may be forgotten
But the hurt stays in the heart.”
—Ella Higginson (18621940)