HCC Insurance Holdings
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an international specialty insurance group with offices across the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Ireland. The company is based in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. but has major offices in Atlanta, Barcelona, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Farmington (CT), Frederick (MD), Ireland, Leicester (UK), London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Mount Kisco (NY), and New York City.
HCC underwrites more than 100 classes of Specialty Insurance within five segments:
- U.S. Property & Casualty
- The U.S. Property & Casualty segment provides insurance coverage for Aviation, Small Account Errors & Omissions Liability, Public Entity, Employment Practices Liability, Title, Residual Value, Disability, Kidnap & Ransom, Contingency, Brown Water Marine, Criminal Justice Service Operations, and Technical Property needs.
- Professional Liability
- The company's Professional Liability segment provides Directors' & Officers' Liability, Large Account Errors & Omissions Liability, Diversified Financial Products, and Fidelity insurance.
- Accident & Health
- The Accident & Health segment is a leading provider of Medical Stop-Loss, Short-Term Domestic & International Medical, HMO Reinsurance, and Medical Excess insurance.
- U.S. Surety & Credit
- HCC's U.S. Surety & Credit segment offers Contract, Commercial, and Court Bonds as well as Credit Insurance.
- The company's International segment provides Energy, Property Treaty, Liability, Professional Indemnity, Surety, Credit, Commercial Property, Marine Hull, and Accident & Health insurance products. Currently, the company underwrites insurance for businesses in approximately 180 different countries.
The company was formed in 1974. Since the company's founding it has been consistently profitable, generally reporting annual increases in revenue and shareholder's equity. The company's philosophy is long term growth of shareholder's equity through capital preservation, diversification of operations, disciplined underwriting and conservative investments. The philosophy has proven effective and, accordingly, the company has paid shareholder dividends for over 60 consecutive quarters.
In 2010, it posted $2.6 billion on Gross premiums written, $2.3 in total revenue, earnings of $345 million, and Combined Ratio of less than 85%. Assets exceed $9.1 billion. HCC Insurance was ranked 827 in the 2009 edition of the Fortune 1000. The company has strong financial ratings including an A. M. Best rating of A+ (superior), Standard & Poor's rating of AA (very strong), Fitch Group rating of AA (very strong), and Moody's rating of A1 (good security).
Other articles related to "hcc insurance holdings, insurance":
... products), by adding new products, and through acquisitions of other insurance businesses ... its strong focus on underwriting of specialty insurance products. 2012, the company's Specialty division launched a musical instrument insurance program ...
Famous quotes containing the words holdings and/or insurance:
“Polarized light showed the secret architecture of bodies; and when the second-sight of the mind is opened, now one color or form or gesture, and now another, has a pungency, as if a more interior ray had been emitted, disclosing its deep holdings in the frame of things.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“... business training in early life should not be regarded solely as insurance against destitution in the case of an emergency. For from business experience women can gain, too, knowledge of the world and of human beings, which should be of immeasurable value to their marriage careers. Self-discipline, co-operation, adaptability, efficiency, economic management,if she learns these in her business life she is liable for many less heartbreaks and disappointments in her married life.”
—Hortense Odlum (1892?)