Growth and Acquisitions
The company has grown organically (growing market share with existing products), by adding new products, and through acquisitions of other insurance businesses. The company has also divested business positions to retain its strong focus on underwriting of specialty insurance products.
- In 2012, the company's Specialty division launched a musical instrument insurance program.
- In 2011, the company opened Primary Casualty and Excess Casualty divisions.
- In 2010, the company started a Technical Property division.
- In 2009, it sold its reinsurance brokerage business Rattner MacKenzie Limited and transferred rights relating to brown water marine to its original owner. The company also combined two Lloyd's syndicates to achieve more operational efficiency. The company started a Property Treaty underwriting team.
- In 2006, Novia Underwriters, Inc. was acquired by the company along with G.B. Kenrick & Associates and the Health Products Division of Allianz Life Insurance.
- In 2005, HCC Insurance acquired US Surety company along with the DeMontfort Group, Ltd., Perico Ltd., MIC Life Insurance, and the Ilium Insurance Group.
- In 2004, American Contractors Indemnity Company and RA&MCO Insurance companies were acquired by the company.
- In 2002, the company acquired Dickson Manchester and MAG Global Financial Products
- In 1999, it acquired Centris Group Inc., another insurance company. The same year it acquired Midwest Stop Loss Underwriters.
- In 1998, HCC acquired Guarantee Insurance Resources.
- In 1997, the company acquired Managed Group Underwriting.
- In 1996, LDG Management Company was acquired.
Read more about this topic: HCC Insurance Holdings
Other articles related to "growth and acquisitions, acquisition, acquisitions, growth":
... A 420-store acquisition along the east coast expanded Rite Aid's holdings beyond 2,000 locations, as did the acquisition of Gray Drug in 1987 ... The acquisition of Thrifty PayLess included the Northwest-based Bi-Mart membership discount stores, which was sold off in 1998 ... Acquisitions of Harco, Inc ...
... To support the growth, the company moved its distribution center to a 212,000-square-foot (19,700 m2) distribution center next to FedEx hub in Memphis, TN in the third quarter of 1995 ...
Famous quotes containing the word growth:
“A revolution is not the overturning of a cart, a reshuffling in the cards of state. It is a process, a swelling, a new growth in the race. If it is real, not simply a trauma, it is another ring in the tree of history, layer upon layer of invisible tissue composing the evidence of a circle.”
—Kate Millett (b. 1934)