Gallery may refer to:
- An art museum (art gallery)
- A retail art shop (also often known as an art gallery)
- An exhibition room in a museum
- Long gallery, an element in architecture: a long hallway or long, narrow room, frequently decorated with sculptures and frescoes
- A narrow balcony, usually including a railing, inside or outside of a building
- A minstrels' gallery, a balcony used by performing musicians
- An observation deck, usually on the upper floors of a building, used to afford visitors a long-distance view
- Gallery, in a theatre or concert hall, one or more raised seating platforms towards the rear of the auditorium — see Theater (structure)
- In UK television production, gallery is used as a substitute for production control room
- An audience or group of spectators
- A peanut gallery, an audience that heckles performers
- In mining, a horizontal passage in an underground mine
- Gallery Project, an open source project enabling management and publication of digital photographs and other media through a web server
Other articles related to "gallery":
... The Gallery had long sought expansion into this space and in 1982 a competition was held to find a suitable architect the shortlist included a radical high-tech proposal by Richard Rogers ... was that the new wing had to include commercial offices as well as public gallery space ... in 1985 it became possible to devote the extension entirely to the Gallery's uses, due to a donation of almost £50 million from Lord Sainsbury and his brothers Simon ...
... Serling appeared in an art gallery setting and introduced the macabre tales that made up each episode by unveiling paintings (by artist Tom Wright) that depicted the stories ... Night Gallery regularly presented adaptations of classic fantasy tales by authors such as H ... Night Gallery was initially part of a rotating anthology or wheel series called Four in One ...
... Scott Skelton Audio commentaries, with Guillermo del Toro Revisiting the Gallery A Look Back Art Gallery The Paintings in "Rod Serling's Night Gallery ...
... His work can be found in the UK at the Castle Museum and Art Gallery in Norwich (well over 2000 pieces), Tate Gallery, the British Museum and Victoria Albert Museum in London, the Fitzwilliam ...
... dance sessions, a cinema, bar, café, art gallery and much more ... The main museum in the City is the Gloucester City Museum Art Gallery but there are several other important museums ... Nature in Art is a gallery dedicated to the display of works of art inspired by the natural world ...
Famous quotes containing the word gallery:
“I never can pass by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York without thinking of it not as a gallery of living portraits but as a cemetery of tax-deductible wealth.”
—Lewis H. Lapham (b. 1935)
“To a person uninstructed in natural history, his country or sea-side stroll is a walk through a gallery filled with wonderful works of art, nine-tenths of which have their faces turned to the wall. Teach him something of natural history, and you place in his hands a catalogue of those which are worth turning round.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley (182595)
“Each morning the manager of this gallery substituted some new picture, distinguished by more brilliant or harmonious coloring, for the old upon the walls.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)