Gallery may refer to:
- An art museum (art gallery)
- A retail art shop (also often known as an art gallery)
- An exhibition room in a museum
- Long gallery, an element in architecture: a long hallway or long, narrow room, frequently decorated with sculptures and frescoes
- A narrow balcony, usually including a railing, inside or outside of a building
- A minstrels' gallery, a balcony used by performing musicians
- An observation deck, usually on the upper floors of a building, used to afford visitors a long-distance view
- Gallery, in a theatre or concert hall, one or more raised seating platforms towards the rear of the auditorium — see Theater (structure)
- In UK television production, gallery is used as a substitute for production control room
- An audience or group of spectators
- A peanut gallery, an audience that heckles performers
- In mining, a horizontal passage in an underground mine
- Gallery Project, an open source project enabling management and publication of digital photographs and other media through a web server
Other articles related to "gallery":
... with Guillermo del Toro Revisiting the Gallery A Look Back Art Gallery The Paintings in "Rod Serling's Night Gallery" NBC TV Promos Season 20 ... April 10, 2012 ...
... The Gallery had long sought expansion into this space and in 1982 a competition was held to find a suitable architect the shortlist included a radical high-tech ... commercial offices as well as public gallery space ... However, in 1985 it became possible to devote the extension entirely to the Gallery's uses, due to a donation of almost £50 million from Lord Sainsbury and his brothers Simon and Sir Tim Sainsbury ...
... Serling appeared in an art gallery setting and introduced the macabre tales that made up each episode by unveiling paintings (by artist Tom Wright) that depicted the stories ... Night Gallery regularly presented adaptations of classic fantasy tales by authors such as H ... Night Gallery was initially part of a rotating anthology or wheel series called Four in One ...
... His work can be found in the UK at the Castle Museum and Art Gallery in Norwich (well over 2000 pieces), Tate Gallery, the British Museum and Victoria Albert ...
... music, dance sessions, a cinema, bar, café, art gallery and much more ... Nature in Art is a gallery dedicated to the display of works of art inspired by the natural world ...
Famous quotes containing the word gallery:
“It doesnt matter that your painting is small. Kopecks are also small, but when a lot are put together they make a ruble. Each painting displayed in a gallery and each good book that makes it into a library, no matter how small they may be, serves a great cause: accretion of the national wealth.”
—Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (18601904)
“I never can pass by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York without thinking of it not as a gallery of living portraits but as a cemetery of tax-deductible wealth.”
—Lewis H. Lapham (b. 1935)
“I should like to have seen a gallery of coronation beauties, at Westminster Abbey, confronted for a moment by this band of Island girls; their stiffness, formality, and affectation contrasted with the artless vivacity and unconcealed natural graces of these savage maidens. It would be the Venus de Medici placed beside a milliners doll.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)