There are several sports teams with the name Falcons or similar:
- Atlanta Falcons, an NFL (American) football team
- Springfield Falcons, an American Hockey League team
- Falcons (rugby team), a South African rugby team who play in the Currie Cup
- Newcastle Falcons, a rugby team based in Newcastle, England
- Adamson Soaring Falcons, a Collegiate basketball(UAAP) team in the Philippines.
- West Perth Football Club, an Australian rules football club
- Air Force Falcons, the sports teams of the United States Air Force Academy
- IPS Falcons, a cricket team from IPS
- Falcon, the bird
Other articles related to "falcons, falcon":
... The Falcons (Hungarian Magasiskola) is a 1970 Hungarian film directed by István Gaál about the training of falcons for use on farms to protect crops from birds ...
... He made his professional debut with the Atlanta Falcons in 1981, remaining with the team until the 1987 NFL season ... President of the now defunct Blackpool Falcons, when they were twinned with the Atlanta Falcons, as part of the NFL Trust programme ... imitating Gastineau's actions after kicking a go-ahead field goal for the Falcons in a 1983 game against the Jets ...
... Houston was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft ... In three years with the Falcons he started 37 of 44 games, recording 166 tackles and three interceptions ...
... Jerry was signed to a five-year contract by the Falcons on July 30, 2009 ... Jerry competed with Trey Lewis to replace Grady Jackson, who was not re-signed by the Falcons, at defensive tackle ...
... Most falcon species used in falconry are specialized predators, most adapted to capturing bird prey such as the Peregrine Falcon and Merlin ... A notable exception is the use of desert falcons such the Saker Falcon in ancient and modern Middle Eastern and Asian falconry, where hares were and are commonly taken ... In North America, the Prairie Falcon and the Gyrfalcon can capture small mammal prey (as well as gamebirds and waterfowl) in falconry, but this is rarely practiced ...
Famous quotes containing the word falcons:
“Thus piteously Love closed what he begat:
The union of this ever-diverse pair!
These two were rapid falcons in a snare,
Condemned to do the flitting of the bat.”
—George Meredith (18281909)