Faculty refers to the academic staff at a university or college, or a division of a university.
Faculty may also refer to:
- Faculty (academic staff), the academic staff of a university (North American usage)
- Faculty (division), a division within a university (usage outside of North America)
- Faculty (instrument), an instrument or warrant in canon law, especially a judicial or quasi-judicial warrant from an ecclesiastical court or tribunal
- The Faculty, a horror/sci-fi movie by Robert Rodriguez
- The senses of sight, hearing, touch, etc. ("perceptive faculties")
- The aspects of intelligence ("cognitive faculties")
- Indriya, "spiritual faculties" in Buddhism
- The rights of a priest to celebrate or perform various Liturgical functions
- Faculty of Advocates, lawyers before the courts of Scotland
- Faculty of Actuaries, the professional body representing actuaries in Scotland
Other articles related to "faculty":
... The college has a faculty-student ratio of 114 ... Ninety-one percent of the college's faculty hold a Ph.D ...
... units are grouped under six faculties and two schools the Faculty of Applied Science and Textiles, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Construction and Environment, Faculty of ...
... The university offers education in a diverse range of fields at 12 faculties Faculty of Architecture Architecture and Urban Planning, Spatial Management Faculty of Civil Engineering Civil Engineering ...
... University's faculties are located in Podgorica Faculty of Economics Faculty of Law Faculty of Electrical Engineering Faculty of Metallurgy and Technology ...
... Faculty and Co-Faculty Yaneer Bar-Yam Michel Baranger Dan Braha Charles Cantor Richard Cooper Terrence Deacon Irving Epstein William Gelbart Ernest Hartmann ...
Famous quotes containing the word faculty:
“Psychoanalysis is out, under a therapeutic disguise, to do away entirely with the moral faculty in man.”
—D.H. (David Herbert)
“Since everything in nature answers to a moral power, if any phenomenon remains brute and dark, it is that the corresponding faculty in the observer is not yet active.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“A slavish bondage to parents cramps every faculty of the mind.”
—Mary Wollstonecraft (17591797)