Davis may refer to:
- Davis (surname), a Welsh surname meaning 'son of David'
- (See also List of people with surname Davis)
- Davis Bertans (born 1992), a Latvian professional basketball player
- Davis Bloome, fictional character in Smallville
- Davis Cup, premier international team event in men's tennis
- Davis LLP, Canadian law firm
- Davis Motomiya, fictional character in Digimon
- Davis Quinton, fictional character in Corner Gas
- University of California, Davis, also known as "UC Davis"
- Georgie Davis, Dutch singer, artist name of Kees Rietveld
- Davis Station, Australian base
- Davis, Saskatchewan
- United States
- Davis, California, the largest city with the name
- Davis, Illinois
- Davis, Massachusetts, abandoned mining village
- Davis, Oklahoma
- Davis, South Dakota
- Davis, West Virginia
- Hopeful, Alabama, formerly Davis
- Train stations
- Davis (CTA), elevated public transit station in Evanston, Illinois
- Evanston Davis Street (Metra), commuter railroad station in Evanston, Illinois
- Davis (MBTA station), subway station in Somerville, Massachusetts
Other articles related to "davis":
... John Davis (album), a 2005 album by singer-songwriter John Davis John Davis and the Monster Orchestra, 1970s band ...
... Nancy Jan Davis (born November 1, 1953 as Nancy Jan Smotherman, later assuming the name of her stepfather (Davis)) is a former American astronaut ... Davis has logged over 673 hours in space ... Davis is now retired from NASA ...
... There were 1,042 households out of which 33.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.6% were married couples living together, 13.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.6% were non-families. 28.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older ...
... "Excursions" Jonathan Davis 353 2 ... "Buggin' Out" Davis, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Malik Taylor 338 3 ... "Rap Promoter" Davis, Muhammad 213 4 ...
... Blind John Davis (1913–1985), American blues pianist John Scarlett Davis (1804–1845), English painter John F ... Davis (artist) (born 1958), Australian artist, painter and video editor John H ... Davis (author) (1929–2012), American author John Davis (pianist) (born 1957), American classical pianist, concert performer, recording artist, and historian ...
Famous quotes containing the word davis:
“Men insist that they dont mind women succeeding so long as they retain their femininity. Yet the qualities that men consider feminineMtimidity, submissiveness, obedience, silliness, and self-debasementare the very qualities best guaranteed to assure the defeat of even the most gifted aspirant.”
—Elizabeth Gould Davis (b. 1910)
“Nights brittle song, silver-thin
Shatters into a billion fragments
Of quiet shadows
At the blaring jazz
Of a morning sun.”
—Frank Marshall Davis (b. 1905)
“To look back is to relax ones vigil.”
—Bette Davis (19081989)