Single may refer to:
- Single (music), a song release
- "Single" (Natasha Bedingfield song)
- "Single" (New Kids on the Block and Ne-Yo song)
- Single coil, an electromagnetic guitar pickup type
- Single (baseball), the most common type of base hit
- Single (cricket), point in cricket
- Single (football), Canadian football point
- Single scull, a rowing boat propelled by a single rower with two oars
In other fields:
- "Single", a slang term for a one dollar bill.
- Single, a single-unit type of apartment dwelling also known as a studio
- "Single", in Dublin and other parts of Ireland, a single portion of chips, especially as part of the popular take-away meal fish and chips.
- Single (bet), a type of bet made on one selection
- Single (locomotive), a steam locomotive with a single pair of driving wheels
- Single-cylinder engine, an engine with one piston
- Single person, a person who is not married; usually refers today to someone who is neither married nor in a sexual relationship
- Single precision, a computer numbering format that occupies one storage location in computer memory at a given address
Other articles related to "single, singles":
... Deism posits the existence of a single god, the Designer of the designs in Nature ... Henotheism involves devotion to a single god while accepting the existence of other gods ... Though similar, it contrasts drastically with monotheism, the worship of a single deity independent of the ontological claims regarding that deity ...
... "4 AM" is the jangly, alt-country-influenced third single taken from Cherry Ghost's top 10 debut album Thirst for Romance ... a digital download on October 8, 2007, the single follows the top 30 single "People Help the People" and debut single "Mathematics." The 7" vinyl single features an ... Although previous single "People Help the People" entered the UK singles chart at #27, "4 AM" failed to make the top 100 (entering at #128) ...
... Her first hit single, "Lost In France", reached the UK Top 10 in 1976 and she was nominated for Best British Female Newcomer at the 1977 Brit Awards ... However, this did not affect her career and her 1977 single "It's a Heartache" became a hit in both Europe and North America ... has continued to have success in Continental Europe, and her 2003 single, "Si demain.. ...
1998 album, Big Cat Records "South Central", single, Big Cat Records "A Waste of Things to Come", single, Big Cat Records "Stuck Between A Rock And A White Face", single, Big Cat Records Buy Now... 61 "Holy Man", 2001 single, V2 Records "Fish Out Of Water", 2001 single, V2 Records - UK No. 56 "Rise and Shine", 2001 single, V2 Records One Lie Fits All, 2003 album, Taste Media "Revolution", 2003, EP, Taste Media "We Bounce", 2003 single, Taste Media "I Wear My Skin", 2003 ...
... But Jerusalem was banned in England on the radio when it was issued as a single ... He later said "We wanted to put it out as a single ... We figured it was worthy of a single ...
Famous quotes containing the word single:
“The sound of tireless voices is the price we pay for the right to hear the music of our own opinions. But there is also, it seems to me, a moment at which democracy must prove its capacity to act. Every man has a right to be heard; but no man has the right to strangle democracy with a single set of vocal chords.”
—Adlai Stevenson (19001965)
“The art of leadership ... consists in consolidating the attention of the people against a single adversary and taking care that nothing will split up that attention.... The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category.”
—Adolf Hitler (18891945)
“I believe that the fundamental proposition is that we must recognize that the hostilities in Europe, in Africa, and in Asia are all parts of a single world conflict. We must, consequently, recognize that our interests are menaced both in Europe and in the Far East.”
—Franklin D. Roosevelt (18821945)