Single may refer to:
- Single (music), a song release
- "Single" (Natasha Bedingfield song)
- "Single" (New Kids on the Block and Ne-Yo song)
- Single coil, an electromagnetic guitar pickup type
- Single (baseball), the most common type of base hit
- Single (cricket), point in cricket
- Single (football), Canadian football point
- Single scull, a rowing boat propelled by a single rower with two oars
In other fields:
- "Single", a slang term for a one dollar bill.
- Single, a single-unit type of apartment dwelling also known as a studio
- "Single", in Dublin and other parts of Ireland, a single portion of chips, especially as part of the popular take-away meal fish and chips.
- Single (bet), a type of bet made on one selection
- Single (locomotive), a steam locomotive with a single pair of driving wheels
- Single-cylinder engine, an engine with one piston
- Single person, a person who is not married; usually refers today to someone who is neither married nor in a sexual relationship
- Single precision, a computer numbering format that occupies one storage location in computer memory at a given address
Other articles related to "single, singles":
... Deism posits the existence of a single god, the Designer of the designs in Nature ... Henotheism involves devotion to a single god while accepting the existence of other gods ... it contrasts drastically with monotheism, the worship of a single deity independent of the ontological claims regarding that deity ...
... Available in All Colours, 1998 album, Big Cat Records "South Central", single, Big Cat Records "A Waste of Things to Come", single, Big Cat Records "Stuck. 61 "Holy Man", 2001 single, V2 Records "Fish Out Of Water", 2001 single, V2 Records - UK No. 56 "Rise and Shine", 2001 single, V2 Records One Lie Fits All, 2003 album, Taste Media "Revolution", 2003, EP, Taste Media "We Bounce", 2003 single, Taste Media "I Wear My Skin", 2003 single, Taste Media - UK ...
... Her first hit single, "Lost In France", reached the UK Top 10 in 1976 and she was nominated for Best British Female Newcomer at the 1977 Brit Awards ... did not affect her career and her 1977 single "It's a Heartache" became a hit in both Europe and North America ... recent years, Tyler has continued to have success in Continental Europe, and her 2003 single, "Si demain.. ...
... "4 AM" is the jangly, alt-country-influenced third single taken from Cherry Ghost's top 10 debut album Thirst for Romance. 2007 as well as a digital download on October 8, 2007, the single follows the top 30 single "People Help the People" and debut single "Mathematics." The 7" vinyl single features an original demo of "Mary ... Although previous single "People Help the People" entered the UK singles chart at #27, "4 AM" failed to make the top 100 (entering at #128) ...
... But Jerusalem was banned in England on the radio when it was issued as a single ... He later said "We wanted to put it out as a single ... We figured it was worthy of a single ...
Famous quotes containing the word single:
she looked up the path
her lover would take
as far as her eyes could see.
On the roads,
at the end of day
as night slid over the sky.
The travellers pained wife
took a single step towards home,
said, Could he not have come at this instant?
and quickly craning her neck around,
looked up the path again.”
—Amaru (c. seventh century A.D.)
“You behold a range of exhausted volcanoes. Not a flame flickers on a single pallid crest.”
—Benjamin Disraeli (18041881)
“The sound of tireless voices is the price we pay for the right to hear the music of our own opinions. But there is also, it seems to me, a moment at which democracy must prove its capacity to act. Every man has a right to be heard; but no man has the right to strangle democracy with a single set of vocal chords.”
—Adlai Stevenson (19001965)