Single may refer to:
- Single (music), a song release
- "Single" (Natasha Bedingfield song)
- "Single" (New Kids on the Block and Ne-Yo song)
- Single coil, an electromagnetic guitar pickup type
- Single (baseball), the most common type of base hit
- Single (cricket), point in cricket
- Single (football), Canadian football point
- Single scull, a rowing boat propelled by a single rower with two oars
In other fields:
- "Single", a slang term for a one dollar bill.
- Single, a single-unit type of apartment dwelling also known as a studio
- "Single", in Dublin and other parts of Ireland, a single portion of chips, especially as part of the popular take-away meal fish and chips.
- Single (bet), a type of bet made on one selection
- Single (locomotive), a steam locomotive with a single pair of driving wheels
- Single-cylinder engine, an engine with one piston
- Single person, a person who is not married; usually refers today to someone who is neither married nor in a sexual relationship
- Single precision, a computer numbering format that occupies one storage location in computer memory at a given address
Other articles related to "single, singles":
... Her first hit single, "Lost In France", reached the UK Top 10 in 1976 and she was nominated for Best British Female Newcomer at the 1977 Brit Awards ... years, Tyler has continued to have success in Continental Europe, and her 2003 single, "Si demain.. ...
... "4 AM" is the jangly, alt-country-influenced third single taken from Cherry Ghost's top 10 debut album Thirst for Romance ... digital download on October 8, 2007, the single follows the top 30 single "People Help the People" and debut single "Mathematics." The 7" vinyl single features an ... Although previous single "People Help the People" entered the UK singles chart at #27, "4 AM" failed to make the top 100 (entering at #128) ...
... Available in All Colours, 1998 album, Big Cat Records "South Central", single, Big Cat Records "A Waste of Things to Come", single, Big Cat Records "Stuck. 61 "Holy Man", 2001 single, V2 Records "Fish Out Of Water", 2001 single, V2 Records - UK No. 56 "Rise and Shine", 2001 single, V2 Records One Lie Fits All, 2003 album, Taste Media "Revolution", 2003, EP, Taste Media "We Bounce", 2003 single, Taste Media "I Wear My Skin", 2003 single, Taste Media - UK No ...
... Deism posits the existence of a single god, the Designer of the designs in Nature ... Henotheism involves devotion to a single god while accepting the existence of other gods ... Though similar, it contrasts drastically with monotheism, the worship of a single deity independent of the ontological claims regarding that deity ...
... He later said "We wanted to put it out as a single ... We figured it was worthy of a single ... hymn, and we had taken it the wrong way." The single failed to chart and was not released in the US ...
Famous quotes containing the word single:
“If Mr. Vincent Price were to be co-starred with Miss Bette Davis in a story by Mr. Edgar Allan Poe directed by Mr. Roger Corman, it could not fully express the pent-up violence and depravity of a single day in the life of the average family.”
—Quentin Crisp (b. 1908)
“Through dinner she felt a gradual icy coldness stealing through her like novocaine. She had made up her mind. It seemed as if she had set the photograph of herself in her own place, forever frozen into a single gesture.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)
“[The] elderly and timid single gentleman in Paris ... never drove down the Champs Elysees without expecting an accident, and commonly witnessing one; or found himself in the neighborhood of an official without calculating the chances of a bomb. So long as the rates of progress held good, these bombs would double in force and number every ten years.”
—Henry Brooks Adams (18381918)