Dan is a name. It refers sometimes to the short form of the name Daniel. Dan, or the acronym DAN may refer to the following:
- Dan (Bible), one of the sons of Jacob
- Crown Prince Dan, prince of Yan in ancient China
- Fyodor Dan, a Russian Marxist revolutionary
- Nicușor Dan, a Romanian activist and mathematician
- DJ Dan, an electronic music artist
- Gush Dan, metropolitan area in central Israel
- Dan (ancient city), the biblical location also called Dan, and identified with Tel Dan
- Dan, Israel, a Kibbutz in northern Israel
- Dan River, a river in North Carolina and Virginia, USA
- Dan River (Israel), a tributary of the Jordan River
- Dan River (China), a tributary of the Han River in China
- Dan, a subdistrict of Kap Choeng District, Thailand
- Fictional characters
- Dan Dare, a classic British science fiction comic hero
- Desperate Dan, regular in The Dandy since 1937
- Dan Hibiki, a character from the Street Fighter Alpha series.
- Dan Moroboshi, the alter-ego of Ultra Seven from the 1967 namesake tokusatsu
- Dan-Air, a defunct airline in the United Kingdom
- Dan Bus Company, a public transport company in Israel
- Dan Hotels, a hotel chain in Israel
- Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!), an organization concerned with autism
- Dialogue Australasian Network, an educational organization
- Direct Action Network, a confederation of anarchist and anti-authoritarian affinity groups, collectives, and organizations
- Divers Alert Network, a non-profit organization for Scuba diving
- Dan, a 1914 film starring Lois Meredith
- Dan (Chinese opera), a female role in Beijing opera
- DAN (protein), a family of tgf beta signaling protein inhibitors
- Dan (newspaper), a daily newspaper published in Montenegro
- Dan language, a Mande language spoken primarily in Côte d'Ivoire and Liberia
- Dan people, an ethnic group located in West Africa
- Dan (rank) in Japanese, Chinese and Korean fine and martial arts and Go
- Dorsal attention network, a sensory orienting system in the brain
- Dynamic Albedo of Neutrons, a scientific instrument on board the Curiosity rover
- Tribe of Dan, one of the Tribes of Israel
Other articles related to "dan, dans":
... album by Dalida contains her Top 10 Italian hits including "Dan Dan Dan" and "L'ultimo valzer" ...
... Direct Action Network (DAN) was a confederation of anarchist and anti-authoritarian affinity groups, collectives, and organizations that was formed to coordinate the direct action ... Soon after the Seattle mobilization, several DAN chapters formed a Continental Direct Action Network (CDAN), which rapidly expanded into branches in 12 cities in the United States and Canada ... Regional DANs were formed of autonomous affinity groups which coordinated actions via spokescouncils using delegation and consensus decision-making ...
... Further information From Dan to Beersheba The common biblical phrase used to refer to the territories actually settled by the Israelites (as opposed to military conquests) is "from Dan to Beersheba ...
... Judge Anderson "Exorcise Duty" (with Dan Abnett, and art by Anthony Williams, in Judge Dredd Annual 1991) Death's Head II (inks, with Dan Abnett, and art by Liam Sharp. 1999) "The Superman Monster" (with co-author Dan Abnett, and art by Tom Palmer and Anthony Williams, one-shot Elseworlds story, DC, 1999) Return to ... inks, 2001) The Legion (with co-author Dan Abnett, and art by Chris Batista, Chip Wallace, Leonard Kirk, Dave Cockrum, Tony Harris, Tom Feister, Paul ...
... Country Name Rank Australia Saburo Takayasu (shihan) 7th dan Italy Paolo Corallini (shihan) 7th Dan Japan Hiroki Nemoto 6th Dan Netherlands Lewis Bernaldo de Quiros 6th Dan Philippines Dennis ...
Famous quotes containing the word dan:
“There is a potential 4-6 percentage point net gain for the President [George Bush] by replacing Dan Quayle on the ticket with someone of neutral stature.”
—Mary Matalin, U.S. Republican political advisor, author, and James Carville b. 1946, U.S. Democratic political advisor, author. Alls Fair: Love, War, and Running for President, p. 205, Random House (1994)
“Narcotics have been systematically scapegoated and demonized. The idea that anyone can use drugs and escape a horrible fate is an anathema to these idiots. I predict that in the near future, right wingers will use drug hysteria as a pretext to set up an international police apparatus.”
—Gus Van Sant, U.S. screenwriter and director, and Dan Yost. Father Tom Murphy (William S. Burroughs)
“No construction stiff working overtime takes more stress and straining than we did just to stay high.”
—Gus Van Sant, U.S. screenwriter and director, and Dan Yost. Bob Hughes (Matt Dillon)