References and Further Reading
- Annapolis Group. Annapolis Group Statement on Rankings and Ratings. June 19, 2007.
- Diver, Colin. Is There Life After Rankings?. The Atlantic Monthly, November, 2005.
- Creighton, Joanne V. "Ranking Lacks Credibility." USA Today, September 10, 2001.
- Finder, Alan. Some Colleges to Drop Out of U.S. News Rankings. New York Times, June 20, 2007.
- Helm, Peyton. "'Hearsay' isn't the way to choose a college." The Morning Call, June 29, 2007.
- Hoover, Eric. Liberal-Arts College Group Plans to Help Develop Alternative to Commercial Rankings. Chronicle of Higher Education, June 20, 2007.
- ---."Annapolis Group Challenges 'U.S. News' Rankings." Chronicle of Higher Education, June 25, 2007.
- Jaschik, Scott. "Would U.S. News Make Up Fake Data?. Inside Higher Ed, March 12, 2007. The Morning Call, June 29, 2007.
- ---. "Battle Lines on ‘U.S. News’ ." Inside Higher Ed, May 1, 2007.
- ---. "Growing Challenge to ‘U.S. News’." Inside Higher Ed, May 18, 2007.
- ---. "More Momentum Against ‘U.S. News’." Inside Higher Ed, June 20, 2007.
- ---. Debate: Top Critic vs. ‘U.S. News’ Editor." Inside Higher Ed, June 25, 2007.
- Kaplan, Marty. "Reaming College Rankings. Huffington Post, June 20, 2007.
- Kamara, Margaret. "Are U.S. News Rankings Inherently Biased Against Black Colleges?." Diverse Issues in Higher Education, June 28, 2007.
- McCormick, Alexander. Hidden in Plain View. Inside Higher Ed, May 10, 2007.
- McGuire, Patricia. "Colleges Should Boycott Bogus Ratings Game." Hartford Courant, May 16, 2007.
- Morse, Robert. About the Annapolis Group's Statement. U.S. News and World Report. June 22, 2007.
- Myers, Michele Tolela. The Cost of Bucking College Rankings. The Washington Post, March 11, 2007.
- NPR. "Colleges Pull Out of 'U.S. News' Rankings." June 22, 2007.
- Rawe, Julie. The College Rankings Revolt. TIME, March 21, 2007.
- ---. A Better Way to Rank Colleges?. TIME, June 20, 2007.
- Samarasekera, Indira. Rising Up Against Rankings, Inside Higher Ed, April 2, 2007.
- U.S. News and World Report. U.S. News Statement on College Rankings. March 12, 2007.
- Wald, Sarah. "Dismissing school rankings." Boston Globe, June 30, 2007.
Read more about this topic: Criticism Of College And University Rankings (North America)
Other articles related to "references and further reading":
... McCrary, Jeffrey K, Mark Castro, and Kenneth R ... McKaye ...
Famous quotes containing the word reading:
“We live in a highly industrialized society and every member of the Black nation must be as academically and technologically developed as possible. To wage a revolution, we need competent teachers, doctors, nurses, electronics experts, chemists, biologists, physicists, political scientists, and so on and so forth. Black women sitting at home reading bedtime stories to their children are just not going to make it.”
—Frances Beale, African American feminist and civil rights activist. The Black Woman, ch. 14 (1970)