Some articles on colour, colours:
... Contrary to the yellow colour of Juiced Tropical, Juiced Berry has a dark red/purple colour, and its can is the same colour ...
... of long wavelengths, peaking at a reddish colour this type is sometimes designated L for long ... The second type responds the most to light of medium-wavelength, peaking at a green colour, and is abbreviated M for medium ... to short-wavelength light, of a bluish colour, and is designated S for short ...
... There are many named cultivars, selected for variation in flower colour and for different foliage colour and growing habits ... Different cultivars have flower colours ranging from white, through pink and a wide range of purples, and including reds ... foliage are usually selected for reddish and golden leaf colour ...
... Smooth Collies come in four colours sable (Lassie's colour can be light gold to deep mahogany) tricolour (black, with tan and white markings) and blue merle (silvery gray marbled with black, and ... An additional colour is white (these Collies are predominantly white, with heads and usually a body spot of sable, tri, or blue colour) ... The fourth colour is sable merle, which is a light stippled version of sable, sometimes (as with blue merle) accompanied by blue or merled (parti-coloured) eyes ...
1 July – The first scheduled colour television broadcasts from six transmitters covering the main population centres in England began on BBC2 for certain programmes, the first being live coverage from the Wimbledon ... A full colour service (other than news programmes) began on BBC2 on 2 December ... The matches are also the first to be broadcast in colour ...
More definitions of "colour":
- (noun): (physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction; each flavor of quarks comes in three colors.
- (noun): The appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation.
- (adj): Having or capable of producing colors.
- (noun): An outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading.
Synonyms: semblance, gloss, color
- (noun): A visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect.
Synonyms: color, coloring, colouring
- (noun): A race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks).
Synonyms: color, people of color, people of colour
Famous quotes containing the word colour:
“Circumstances ... give in reality to every political principle its distinguishing colour and discriminating effect. The circumstances are what render every civil and political scheme beneficial or noxious to mankind.”
—Edmund Burke (17291797)
“We dreamed that a great painter had been born
To cold Clare rock and Galway rock and thorn,
To that stern colour and that delicate line
That are our secret discipline
Wherein the gazing heart doubles her might....”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love colour the most.”
—John Ruskin (18191900)