- Colorfulness, chroma, purity, or saturation: how "intense" or "concentrated" a color is. Technical definitions distinguish between colorfulness, chroma, and saturation as distinct perceptual attributes and include purity as a physical quantity. These terms, and others related to light and color are internationally agreed upon and published in the CIE Lighting Vocabulary. More readily available texts on colorimetry also define and explain these terms.
- Dichromatism: a phenomenon where the hue is dependent on concentration and/or thickness of the absorbing substance.
- Hue: the color's direction from white, for example in a color wheel or chromaticity diagram.
- Shade: a color made darker by adding black.
- Tint: a color made lighter by adding white.
- Value, brightness, lightness, or luminosity: how light or dark a color is.
Read more about this topic: Color
Other articles related to "additional terms, terms, term":
... The following is a list of less common cousin terms ... Term Definition Example Double cousin Double first cousins arise when two siblings of one family reproduce with two siblings of another family ... Maternal/Paternal cousin A term that specifies whether the individual is one's first cousin on the mother's side (maternal) or father's side (paternal) ...
... through reports in the Hungarian press that the German had agreed terms with the Hungarian Football Federation to coach the Hungary national team ... Four months after leaving Belgrade, in mid-April 2004, the row over terms of Matthäus' contract with Partizan was opened with both parties publicly going back ... in which he accused Partizan club leadership of breaching the additional terms of his contract ...
... The NRCoC are the principal terms of that contract between traveller and train operating company (TOC), which have been established by the Rail Settlement Plan, which is part of the Association of ... Additional terms do apply to travellers, primarily from two sources For certain ticket types (such as those purchased at discount in advance),the TOCs concerned apply additional terms and ... responsibility to ensure that their ticket is valid, and so any such additional terms must be available for examination when buying a ticket ...
... At common law, the terms of a purported acceptance must be the "mirror image" of the terms of the offer ... of willingness by a promissor to be legally bound by terms he specifies, made in a way that would lead a reasonable person in the promisee's position to understand that an ... "master of his offer." A counteroffer is a new offer that varies the terms of the original offer ...
Famous quotes containing the words terms and/or additional:
“But the nature of our civilized minds is so detached from the senses, even in the vulgar, by abstractions corresponding to all the abstract terms our languages abound in, and so refined by the art of writing, and as it were spiritualized by the use of numbers, because even the vulgar know how to count and reckon, that it is naturally beyond our power to form the vast image of this mistress called Sympathetic Nature.”
—Giambattista Vico (16881744)
“When I turned into a parent, I experienced a real and total personality change that slowly shifted back to the normal me, yet has not completely vanished. I believe the two levels are now superimposed, with an additional sprinkling of mortality intimations.”
—Sonia Taitz (20th century)