Cast may refer to:
- Cast member, (c.1631) a group of performers in a play, movie, or performing arts
- Orthopedic cast, a protective shell which is used to help heal broken bones by holding the limb in place
- In archaeology, a cavity formed by the decomposition of wood furnishings or human or animal remains, previously covered due to volcanic ash fall
- The casting of magic spells
- In falconry, flying two or more falconry birds together
- Plaster cast, a copy made in plaster of another three-dimensional form, for example a sculpture
- In computer science, typecast refers to explicitly changing the interpretation of the bit pattern representing a value, from one type to another.
- In fishing, to cast a line refers to the act of throwing bait or a lure using a fishing line out over the water using a flexible fishing rod
Other articles related to "cast":
... contributor to CBS's The Morning Program, John Posey was cast as Danny for the original pilot ... child labor laws, twins Ashley and Mary-Kate were cast to alternate during tapings ... All seven of the original cast members remained with the show through its entire eight-year run ...
... The regular cast appeared in an opening title sequence in which video head shots were arranged in a three-by-three grid, with each cast member appearing to look at the other cast members ... Although many actors who become type-cast into the roles they played on a particular series resent this, the cast of The Brady Bunch express a contrary attitude ...
... election, Republican John McCain received 58.0% of the vote here (1,415 cast), ahead of Democrat Barack Obama, who received 39.6% (967 votes), with 2,441 ballots cast among the city's 3,26 ... received 56.4% of the vote here (1,556 ballots cast), outpolling Democrat John Kerry, who received around 42.0% (1,158 votes), with 2,760 ballots cast among the city's 4,001 registered voters, for a turnout ... Chris Christie received 57.7% of the vote here (987 ballots cast), ahead of both Democrat Jon Corzine with 32.9% (563 votes) and Independent Chris Daggett with 5.7% (98 votes ...
... Barack Obama received 83.3% of the vote here (10,717 cast), ahead of Republican John McCain with 14.8% (1,899 votes) and other candidates with 1.1% (140 votes), among the 12,873 ... election, Democrat John Kerry received 78.2% of the vote here (8,023 ballots cast), outpolling Republican George W. 0.7% (143 votes), among the 10,263 ballots cast by the township's 20,734 registered voters, for a turnout percentage of 49.5 ...
... Source-Musicals101 1947 Original Broadway cast recording (incomplete, due to recording limitations of the period some lyrics were censored) 1954 Original motion picture soundtrack (originally ...
Famous quotes containing the word cast:
“By the time a person has achieved years adequate for choosing a direction, the die is cast and the moment has long since passed which determined the future.”
—Zelda Fitzgerald (19001948)
“Has he all that the world loves and admires and covets?he must cast behind him their admiration, and afflict them by faithfulness to his truth, and become a byword and a hissing.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Nothing is so foolish, they say, as for a man to stand for office and woo the crowd to win its vote, buy its support with presents, court the applause of all those fools and feel self-satisfied when they cry their approval, and then in his hour of triumph to be carried round like an effigy for the public to stare at, and end up cast in bronze to stand in the market place.”
—Desiderius Erasmus (c. 14661536)