Cast may refer to:
- Cast member, (c.1631) a group of performers in a play, movie, or performing arts
- Orthopedic cast, a protective shell which is used to help heal broken bones by holding the limb in place
- In archaeology, a cavity formed by the decomposition of wood furnishings or human or animal remains, previously covered due to volcanic ash fall
- The casting of magic spells
- In falconry, flying two or more falconry birds together
- Plaster cast, a copy made in plaster of another three-dimensional form, for example a sculpture
- In computer science, typecast refers to explicitly changing the interpretation of the bit pattern representing a value, from one type to another.
- In fishing, to cast a line refers to the act of throwing bait or a lure using a fishing line out over the water using a flexible fishing rod
Other articles related to "cast":
... received 58.0% of the vote here (1,415 cast), ahead of Democrat Barack Obama, who received 39.6% (967 votes), with 2,441 ballots cast among the city's 3,263. 56.4% of the vote here (1,556 ballots cast), outpolling Democrat John Kerry, who received around 42.0% (1,158 votes), with 2,760 ballots cast among the city's ... received 57.7% of the vote here (987 ballots cast), ahead of both Democrat Jon Corzine with 32.9% (563 votes) and Independent Chris Daggett with 5.7% (98 votes), with 1,711 ballots cast among the city's ...
... The regular cast appeared in an opening title sequence in which video head shots were arranged in a three-by-three grid, with each cast member appearing to look at the ... Although many actors who become type-cast into the roles they played on a particular series resent this, the cast of The Brady Bunch express a contrary attitude ...
... of his work as an on-air contributor to CBS's The Morning Program, John Posey was cast as Danny for the original pilot ... To comply with child labor laws, twins Ashley and Mary-Kate were cast to alternate during tapings ... All seven of the original cast members remained with the show through its entire eight-year run ...
... Obama received 83.3% of the vote here (10,717 cast), ahead of Republican John McCain with 14.8% (1,899 votes) and other candidates with 1.1% (140 ... Democrat John Kerry received 78.2% of the vote here (8,023 ballots cast), outpolling Republican George W ... with 0.7% (143 votes), among the 10,263 ballots cast by the township's 20,734 registered voters, for a turnout percentage of 49.5 ...
... Source-Musicals101 1947 Original Broadway cast recording (incomplete, due to recording limitations of the period some lyrics were censored) 1954 Original motion ...
Famous quotes containing the word cast:
“There may sometimes be ungenerous attempts to keep a young man down; and they will succeed too, if he allows his mind to be diverted from its true channel to brood over the attempted injury. Cast about, and see if this feeling has not injured every person you have ever known to fall into it.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“I cast my heart into my rhymes,
That you, in the dim coming times,
May know how my heart went with them
After the red-rose-bordered hem.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“indolence read as abnegation,
slattern thought styled intuition,
every lapse forgiven, our crime
only to cast too bold a shadow
or smash the mold straight off.”
—Adrienne Rich (b. 1929)