Flying may refer to:
- The act or process of flight
- Flying (magazine), a monthly publication
- "Flying", a poem by Patti Smith from her book Woolgathering
- UFO 2: Flying, a 1971 album by UFO
- Flying (Grammatrain album)
- Flying, an album by Korean singer Bae Seul-Ki
- Flying, the debut album by The Hometown Band
- Flying, an album by Nice Little Penguins
- "Flying" (The Beatles song), 1967
- "Flying" (Bryan Adams song), 2004
- "Flying" (Cast song), 1996
- "Flying", the 1969 debut single by the Faces
- "Flying", a song by James Newton Howard on the Peter Pan soundtrack
- "Flying", a song by Anathema on the album A Natural Disaster
- Flying (1986 film), a 1986 drama film
Other articles related to "flying":
... the present scientific name for a genus of flying fish in this family, but also the general name in Latin for a flying fish ... outside", from ἔξω "outside" and κοῖτος "bed", "resting place",, so named as flying fish were believed to leave the water to sleep on the shore ... Flying fish have in turn given their name to The Exocet guided missile ...
... Flying a Curtiss H12 flying boat on reconnaissance, Leckie downed the German zeppelin L22 near Terschelling on 14 May 1917 ... Flying in a DH.4 biplane, Major Egbert Cadbury (pilot) and Leckie (gunner) took part in the interception engagement and were credited with downing ...
... One technique is proximity flying, which is flying close to the faces and ridges of mountains ... the chute opening went asymmetric and he could not avoid flying into Howick Falls, South Africa ...
... Foynes flying-boat station closed in 1946 ... the building in 1980 and the Foynes Flying Boat Museum leased a portion in 1988 ... The Foynes Flying Boat Museum contains much memorabilia from that era, including the original radio and weather room, along with its equipment and a full-si ...
... There were two theaters of war that produced flying aces between the two world wars ... The Flying Tigers were American military pilots recruited sub rosa to aid the Chinese Nationalists ... and autumn of 1941 in transit to China, and did not begin flying combat missions until 20 December 1941 ...
Famous quotes containing the word flying:
“Someone is always at my elbow reminding me that I am the grand-daughter of slaves. It fails to register depression with me. Slavery is sixty years in the past. The operation was successful and the patient is doing well, thank you. The terrible struggle that made me an American out of a potential slave said On the line! The Reconstruction said Go! I am off to a flying start and I must not halt in the stretch to look behind and weep.”
—Zora Neale Hurston (18911960)
“Im a lumberjack
And Im OK,
I sleep all night
And I work all day.”
—Monty Pythons Flying Circus. broadcast Dec. 1969. Monty Pythons Flying Circus (TV series)
“Awake! the land is scattered with light, and see,
Uncanopied sleep is flying from field and tree:”
—Robert Bridges (18441930)