Flying may refer to:
- The act or process of flight
- Flying (magazine), a monthly publication
- "Flying", a poem by Patti Smith from her book Woolgathering
- UFO 2: Flying, a 1971 album by UFO
- Flying (Grammatrain album)
- Flying, an album by Korean singer Bae Seul-Ki
- Flying, the debut album by The Hometown Band
- Flying, an album by Nice Little Penguins
- "Flying" (The Beatles song), 1967
- "Flying" (Bryan Adams song), 2004
- "Flying" (Cast song), 1996
- "Flying", the 1969 debut single by the Faces
- "Flying", a song by James Newton Howard on the Peter Pan soundtrack
- "Flying", a song by Anathema on the album A Natural Disaster
- Flying (1986 film), a 1986 drama film
Other articles related to "flying":
... One technique is proximity flying, which is flying close to the faces and ridges of mountains ... jump into a waterfall where the chute opening went asymmetric and he could not avoid flying into Howick Falls, South Africa ...
... Foynes flying-boat station closed in 1946 ... The Port Trustees purchased the building in 1980 and the Foynes Flying Boat Museum leased a portion in 1988 ... The Foynes Flying Boat Museum contains much memorabilia from that era, including the original radio and weather room, along with its equipment and a full-size replica Boeing 314 flying boat ...
... present scientific name for a genus of flying fish in this family, but also the general name in Latin for a flying fish ... "bed", "resting place",, so named as flying fish were believed to leave the water to sleep on the shore ... Flying fish have in turn given their name to The Exocet guided missile ...
... Flying a Curtiss H12 flying boat on reconnaissance, Leckie downed the German zeppelin L22 near Terschelling on 14 May 1917 ... Flying in a DH.4 biplane, Major Egbert Cadbury (pilot) and Leckie (gunner) took part in the interception engagement and were credited with downing Zeppelin L70 just north of Wells-next-the-Sea on the Norfolk coast ...
... There were two theaters of war that produced flying aces between the two world wars ... The Flying Tigers were American military pilots recruited sub rosa to aid the Chinese Nationalists ... autumn of 1941 in transit to China, and did not begin flying combat missions until 20 December 1941 ...
Famous quotes containing the word flying:
“If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then Im neurotic as hell. Ill be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.”
—Sylvia Plath (19321963)
“a flying open of doors, convergence
of magic objects into
feathered hands and crested heads, a prospect
of winter verve, a buildup to abundance.”
—Denise Levertov (b. 1923)
“And more I may not write of, for they that cleave
The waters of sleep can make a chattering tongue
Heavy like stone, their wisdom being half silence.
How shall I name you, immortal, mild, proud shadows?
I only know that all we know comes from you,
And that you come from Eden on flying feet.
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)