Cabinet or The Cabinet may refer to:
- Cabinet (furniture), box-shaped piece of furniture with doors or drawers
- Filing cabinet, a piece of office furniture used to file folders
- Video game arcade cabinet, a type of furniture which houses arcade games
- Cabinet (government), a council of high-ranking members of government
- Cabinet (European Commission), a personal office of advisers and administrators for a European Commissioner
- Cabinet, a casing for a loudspeaker
- Cabinet, a casing for computing equipment such as a 19-inch rack
- Cabinet, a variety of slotted screwdriver blade
- Cabinet (file format), a computer file extension for a compressed archive format
- Cabinet (magazine), a quarterly non-profit art & culture periodical
- Cabinet (album), album by metal band Spawn of Possession
- Cabinet (room), a private room serving as a retreat
- The Cabinet (professional wrestling), a professional wrestling faction
Other articles related to "cabinet":
... When the newly-elected President Harrison organized his cabinet in 1841, he offered the position of Secretary of War to Bell, following the advice of Daniel Webster ... After Harrison's death, his successor, John Tyler, agreed to keep all cabinet appointments, though many members of the cabinet were skeptical that Tyler would support Whig initiatives ... As the cabinet members had feared, Tyler proved hostile to core Whig initiatives, vetoing a string of bills introduced by Clay and his allies in Congress ...
... Norton entered cabinet on February 3, 1977 as Minister of Community and Social Services, and held this portfolio throughout the parliament that followed ...
... after nearly ten years in exclusion from office, in the Radical cabinet of Émile Combes and on the fall of the Combes ministry in January 1905 he was invited by the president to form a new ministry ... In this cabinet he at first held the ministry of finance ... had declared his intention of continuing the policy of the late cabinet, pledging the new ministry to a policy of conciliation, to the consideration of old age pensions ...
... as Council President of Denmark between 1908 and 1909 as head of the Cabinet of Neergaard I and as both Prime minister of Denmark and Finance Minister from 5 May 1920 to 23 April 1924 ... His last cabinet office was as Finance Minister (14 December 1926 – 30 April 1929) ...
... a constitutional convention in governments using the Westminster System that a cabinet minister bears the ultimate responsibility for the actions of their ministry or department ... ministerial responsibility is not the same as cabinet collective responsibility, which states members of the cabinet must approve publicly of its collective decisions or resign ... One rule coming from this principle is that each cabinet member answers for their own ministry in parliament's question time ...
Famous quotes containing the word cabinet:
“In a cabinet of natural history, we become sensible of a certain occult recognition and sympathy in regard to the most unwieldy and eccentric forms of beast, fish, and insect.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“Fences, unlike punishments, clearly mark out the perimeters of any specified territory. Young children learn where it is permissible to play, because their backyard fence plainly outlines the safe area. They learn about the invisible fence that surrounds the stove, and that Grandma has an invisible barrier around her cabinet of antique teacups.”
—Jeanne Elium (20th century)
“I suppose an entire cabinet of shells would be an expression of the whole human mind; a Flora of the whole globe would be so likewise, or a history of beasts; or a painting of all the aspects of the clouds. Everything is significant.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)