Some articles on sound:
... There is no central organizing body for freetekno sound systems or parties ... Sound systems start up between friends ... All artists are invited to contribute and sometimes up to eighty sound systems attend ...
... used on "Dig for Fire" for its "lazier, growlier sound" that was "not as boingy-boingy-sproingy" ... Deal described it as having a "weird, organ-y sound" ... favorite bass that she did not use on the Pixies reunion, feeling she had to "sound like the records" ...
6 for piano and electronic sound Morton Feldman – Madame Press Died Last Week at Ninety The Viola in My Life 1, 2 and 3 Luc Ferrari – Presque rien No ... Stockhausen – Expo for three players with short-wave radios, and sound projectionist Mantra for two pianos and live electronics Pole for two players with short-wave radios ...
... equipment is employed in the transmission of speech or other sound between points, with or without the use of wires ... To break the term down into further detail, telephony is the science of translating sound into electrical signals, transmitting them, and then converting them back to sound that is, the ...
... One of the signatures of Blizzard games are the unit quotes ... If a single unit is clicked four or more times in a row, the unit's voice samples become increasingly comical ...
More definitions of "sound":
- (adj): Having legal efficacy or force.
Example: "A sound title to the property"
- (verb): Cause to sound.
Example: "Sound the bell"; "sound a certain note"
- (adj): Reflects weight of sound argument or evidence.
Example: "A sound argument"
Synonyms: reasoned, well-grounded
- (noun): (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language.
Synonyms: phone, speech sound
- (adj): Free from moral defect.
Example: "A man of sound character"
- (noun): A large ocean inlet or deep bay.
Example: "The main body of the sound ran parallel to the coast"
- (adj): In excellent physical condition.
Example: "A sound mind in a sound body"
- (verb): Give off a certain sound or sounds.
Example: "This record sounds scratchy"
- (adj): Exercising or showing good judgment.
Example: "A sound approach to the problem"; "sound advice"; "no sound explanation for his decision"
Synonyms: healthy, intelligent, levelheaded
- (adj): In good condition; free from defect or damage or decay.
Example: "A sound timber"; "the wall is sound"; "a sound foundation"
- (verb): Measure the depth of (a body of water) with a sounding line.
- (verb): Make a certain noise or sound.
- (adv): Deeply or completely.
Example: "Is sound asleep"
- (verb): Appear in a certain way.
Example: "This sounds interesting"
- (noun): The sudden occurrence of an audible event.
Example: "The sound awakened them"
- (noun): The particular auditory effect produced by a given cause.
Example: "The sound of rain on the roof"; "the beautiful sound of music"
- (noun): The audible part of a transmitted signal.
- (adj): Financially secure and safe.
Example: "Sound investments"; "a sound economy"
- (noun): A narrow channel of the sea joining two larger bodies of water.
- (noun): The subjective sensation of hearing something.
Synonyms: auditory sensation
- (verb): Announce by means of a sound.
Example: "Sound the alarm"
- (noun): Mechanical vibrations transmitted by an elastic medium.
Example: "Falling trees make a sound in the forest even when no one is there to hear them"
Famous quotes containing the word sound:
“Is there no hope for me? Is there no way
That I may sight and check that speeding bark
Which out of sight and sound is passing, passing?”
—Paul Laurence Dunbar (18721906)
“As usual the Liberals offer a mixture of sound and original ideas. Unfortunately none of the sound ideas is original and none of the original ideas is sound.”
—Harold MacMillan (18941986)
“A person is far more likely to appear to have sound character because he persistently follows his temperament than because he persistently follows his principles.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)