Association may refer to:
Voluntary associations, groups of individuals who voluntarily enter into an agreement to accomplish a purpose
- 501(c) non-profit organization (USA)
- Alumni association, an association of former students of a college or university
- Professional association
- Sports association
- Trade association, another name of an industry trade group
Associations in various fields of study:
- Archaeological association, in archaeology, the relationship between objects found together
- Association (astronomy), combined or co-added group of astronomical exposures
- Association (chemistry)
- Association (ecology)
- Association (genetics)
- Association (object-oriented programming), a kind of grouping in object-oriented programming
- Association (psychology), a connection between two or more concepts in the mind or imagination
- Association (statistics)
- File association, associates a file with a software application capable of opening that file
- Free association of producers, the goal of anarchists and communists
- Security Association, the establishment of shared security attributes between two network entities to support secure communication
Names of particular entities or things:
- Continental Association, often called the "Association", an economic boycott during the American Revolution
- HMS Association (1697), a Royal Navy ship which sank in 1707
- L'Association, a French comic book publisher
- The Association, a pop band
Other articles related to "association":
... Neighborhood Neighborhood Association Surrounding Body/Bodies of Water Seacoast Shores Seacoast Shores Association, Inc ... Menauhant Yacht Club Eel Pond, Vineyard Sound, Bourne's Pond Acapesket Shorewood Drive Association, and Great Harbors Resident Association Great Pond, Green Pond, Vineyard ...
... Maldives Basketball Association Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom, a UK learned society Maschienenbau und Bahnbedarf AG, a named used ...
... The University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP), established in 1938, is a sports association of eight universities in the Philippines ...
... The Dundee University Students' Association (DUSA), unlike many other students' unions in the United Kingdom, is not affiliated to the National Union of Students, mainly due to cost concerns and political objections ... Membership of the Students' Association is automatic for all students of the university, although it is possible under statutes to renounce this membership at any time ... The Association, as with its neighbours in the other ancient-organised universities in Scotland, is co-existent with the University's Students' Representative Council ...
... International Technology Law Association Student Intellectual Property Law Association American Law and Economics Association ...
Famous quotes containing the word association:
“An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry.”
—Thomas Jefferson (17431826)
“It is not merely the likeness which is precious ... but the association and the sense of nearness involved in the thing ... the fact of the very shadow of the person lying there fixed forever! It is the very sanctification of portraits I thinkand it is not at all monstrous in me to say ... that I would rather have such a memorial of one I dearly loved, than the noblest Artists work ever produced.”
—Elizabeth Barrett Browning (18061861)
“The spiritual kinship between Lincoln and Whitman was founded upon their Americanism, their essential Westernism. Whitman had grown up without much formal education; Lincoln had scarcely any education. One had become the notable poet of the day; one the orator of the Gettsyburg Address. It was inevitable that Whitman as a poet should turn with a feeling of kinship to Lincoln, and even without any association or contact feel that Lincoln was his.”
—Edgar Lee Masters (18691950)