Aspect may be:
- Aspect (computer programming), a feature that is linked to many parts of a program, but which is not necessarily the primary function of the program.
- Grammatical aspect, in linguistics, a component of the conjugation of a verb, having to do with the internal temporal flow of an event
- Lexical aspect, in linguistics, a distinction among different kinds of verb according to their relation to time
- Astrological aspect, the relative angle between two heavenly bodies
- Aspect (geography), the direction in which a slope faces
- Aspect (trade union), a trade union in the United Kingdom
- An anatomic term, see Anatomical terms of location
- Aspect (Dungeons & Dragons), aspect refers to a figure which is the representation of a god
- Aspect Co., a Japanese video game company
- Warner Aspect, an imprint of the publishing company Warner Books, focusing on works of science fiction
- Alain Aspect, a French physicist
Aspect may also refer to:
- In railway signalling, the aspect is the number of lights on a signal, and their state. For example, the standard three-light traffic signal is a three-aspect signal.
Other articles related to "aspects":
... It also touches on the human aspects of Wright in addition to his artistic talent and eccentricities ... The novel also explores some deeper aspects of love ... The novel depicts some very positive aspects to the relationship between Mamah and Wright ...
... be inscribed in a multidimensional model comprising different aspects of human life biology, reproduction, culture, entertainment, relationships and love ... ones (weight, height, mass, etc.), as the former evaluate those aspects and variables pertaining to an "individual" whose individuality refers to his/her own psychological, personological and environmental ... or focus which clinicians can use as a “guideline” to rapidly and accurately deepen the aspects highlighted by the measurements and check them together with their patients ...
... National Business Travel Association Aspects of corporations Abuse Appointeeship Capitalism Censorship Citizenship Communication Crime Design Despotism ...
... Among human beings monogamy has two aspects principle of marrying only once in a lifetime, opposed to digamy marriage with only one person at a time, opposed to bigamy or ... Human monogamy's legal aspects are taught at faculties of law ... There are also philosophical aspects, the field of interest of e.g ...
... Aspects of the program vary in different states ... Michigan, for example, requires recipients to spend a month in a job search program before benefits can begin ...
Famous quotes containing the word aspects:
“I suppose an entire cabinet of shells would be an expression of the whole human mind; a Flora of the whole globe would be so likewise, or a history of beasts; or a painting of all the aspects of the clouds. Everything is significant.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“The power of a text is different when it is read from when it is copied out.... Only the copied text thus commands the soul of him who is occupied with it, whereas the mere reader never discovers the new aspects of his inner self that are opened by the text, that road cut through the interior jungle forever closing behind it: because the reader follows the movement of his mind in the free flight of day-dreaming, whereas the copier submits it to command.”
—Walter Benjamin (18921940)
“An atheist may be simply one whose faith and love are concentrated on the impersonal aspects of God.”
—Simone Weil (19091943)