Aspect may be:
- Aspect (computer programming), a feature that is linked to many parts of a program, but which is not necessarily the primary function of the program.
- Grammatical aspect, in linguistics, a component of the conjugation of a verb, having to do with the internal temporal flow of an event
- Lexical aspect, in linguistics, a distinction among different kinds of verb according to their relation to time
- Astrological aspect, the relative angle between two heavenly bodies
- Aspect (geography), the direction in which a slope faces
- Aspect (trade union), a trade union in the United Kingdom
- An anatomic term, see Anatomical terms of location
- Aspect (Dungeons & Dragons), aspect refers to a figure which is the representation of a god
- Aspect Co., a Japanese video game company
- Warner Aspect, an imprint of the publishing company Warner Books, focusing on works of science fiction
- Alain Aspect, a French physicist
Aspect may also refer to:
- In railway signalling, the aspect is the number of lights on a signal, and their state. For example, the standard three-light traffic signal is a three-aspect signal.
Other articles related to "aspects":
... National Business Travel Association Aspects of corporations Abuse Appointeeship Capitalism Censorship Citizenship Communication Crime Design Despotism ...
... Among human beings monogamy has two aspects principle of marrying only once in a lifetime, opposed to digamy marriage with only one person at a time, opposed to bigamy or ... Human monogamy's legal aspects are taught at faculties of law ... There are also philosophical aspects, the field of interest of e.g ...
... be inscribed in a multidimensional model comprising different aspects of human life biology, reproduction, culture, entertainment, relationships and love ... weight, height, mass, etc.), as the former evaluate those aspects and variables pertaining to an "individual" whose individuality refers to his/her own psychological ... can use as a “guideline” to rapidly and accurately deepen the aspects highlighted by the measurements and check them together with their patients ...
... Aspects of the program vary in different states ... Michigan, for example, requires recipients to spend a month in a job search program before benefits can begin ...
... It also touches on the human aspects of Wright in addition to his artistic talent and eccentricities ... The novel also explores some deeper aspects of love ... The novel depicts some very positive aspects to the relationship between Mamah and Wright ...
Famous quotes containing the word aspects:
“The North American system only wants to consider the positive aspects of reality. Men and women are subjected from childhood to an inexorable process of adaptation; certain principles, contained in brief formulas are endlessly repeated by the press, the radio, the churches, and the schools, and by those kindly, sinister beings, the North American mothers and wives. A person imprisoned by these schemes is like a plant in a flowerpot too small for it: he cannot grow or mature.”
—Octavio Paz (b. 1914)
“... of all the aspects of social misery nothing is so heartbreaking as unemployment ...”
—Jane Addams (18601935)
“It is always a sign of an unproductive time when it concerns itself with petty and technical aspects [in philology], and likewise it is a sign of an unproductive person to pursue such trifles.”
—Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (17491832)