Afraid may also refer to:
- Afraid (song), a 1997 alternative metal song by Mötley Crüe
- "Afraid", a song by Vanessa Hudgens from her 2006 debut album, V
- "Afraid", a song by Nelly Furtado from her 2006 album Loose
- "Afraid" (David Bowie song), a 2002 rock song by David Bowie
- "Afraid" (Nico song), a 1970 song by Nico
Are You Afraid of the Dark? may refer to:
- Are You Afraid of the Dark?, a television series
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? (novel), a novel by Sidney Sheldon
Other articles related to "afraid":
... Not Afraid is the debut studio album by Christian pop rock singer Stephanie Smith ... The album features the radio singles "Superstar", "Not Afraid" and "Renew Me" ...
Famous quotes containing the word afraid:
“After us theyll fly in hot air balloons, coat styles will change, perhaps theyll discover a sixth sense and cultivate it, but life will remain the same, a hard life full of secrets, but happy. And a thousand years from now man will still be sighing, Oh! Life is so hard! and will still, like now, be afraid of death and not want to die.”
—Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (18601904)
“Im afraid of needles.
Im tired of rubber sheets and tubes.
Im tired of faces that I dont know
and now I think that death is starting.”
—Anne Sexton (19281974)
“Love is at the root of all healthy discipline. The desire to be loved is a powerful motivation for children to behave in ways that give their parents pleasure rather than displeasure. it may even be our own long-ago fear of losing our parents love that now sometimes makes us uneasy about setting and maintaining limits. Were afraid well lose the love of our children when we dont let them have their way.”
—Fred Rogers (20th century)