Some articles on dead:
... "mist") is a player character and the lead protagonist in the Dead or Alive fighting game series by Team Ninja and Tecmo (Tecmo Koei) ... She is also portrayed by Devon Aoki as one of the main characters in the film DOA Dead or Alive ... Kasumi has served as the main character of the Dead or Alive franchise since its premiere in 1996 and was the official protagonist in the first two ...
... as well as one bundled with a special edition of Dead or Alive Paradise for the PlayStation Portable ... cover, special "3D breasts" mousepad and a similar mug, trading cards, a Dead or Alive 5 arcade stick by Hori decorated with a graphic of Ayane and Kasumi (av ... used in the iPhone digital clock application Bijin Tokei and a Dead or Alive talking clock, which was bundled with a figure of either her or Ayane ...
... grazers up the mountains in their search for dead animals ... On the Tibetan Plateau 64% of their diet is obtained from dead domestic yak ... sometimes waiting a couple of days near a dead animal ...
... Malagan is also an art where the dead are remembered through the various depictions that are carved on Malagan masks ... The Malagan masks have a symbolic meaning as the dead must be remembered through the masks and ceremonies ... practical means of capturing the spirits of recent dead relatives or clan members ...
... Dead Prez, stylized as dead prez, is a hip hop duo from the United States, composed of stic.man and M-1, formed in 1996 in New York City ...
More definitions of "dead":
- (adj): Not circulating or flowing.
Example: "Dead air"; "dead water"
- (adj): Out of use or operation because of a fault or breakdown.
Example: "A dead telephone line"; "the motor is dead"
- (adj): Not showing characteristics of life especially the capacity to sustain life; no longer exerting force or having energy or heat.
Example: "Mars is a dead planet"; "a dead battery"; "dead soil"; "dead coals"; "the fire is dead"
- (adv): Completely and without qualification; used informally as intensifiers.
Example: "You can be dead sure of my innocence"; "was dead tired"; "dead right"
Synonyms: absolutely, perfectly, utterly
- (adj): Not surviving in active use.
Example: "Latin is a dead language"
- (adj): Drained of electric charge; discharged.
Example: "A dead battery"
- (adj): Lacking resilience or bounce.
Example: "A dead tennis ball"
- (noun): People who are no longer living.
Example: "They buried the dead"
- (noun): A time when coldness (or some other quality associated with death) is intense.
Example: "The dead of winter"
- (adj): Devoid of activity.
Example: "This is a dead town; nothing ever happens here"
- (adj): No longer in force or use; inactive.
- (adj): Unerringly accurate.
Example: "A dead shot"; "took dead aim"
- (adj): Lacking acoustic resonance.
Example: "Dead sounds characteristic of some compact discs"; "the dead wall surfaces of a recording studio"
- (adj): Physically inactive.
Example: "Crater Lake is in the crater of a dead volcano of the Cascade Range"
- (adj): No longer having force or relevance.
Example: "A dead issue"
- (adj): Devoid of physical sensation; numb.
Example: "His gums were dead from the novocain"
- (adj): Total.
Example: "Dead silence"
- (adj): Sudden and complete.
Example: "Came to a dead stop"
- (adj): (followed by 'to') not showing human feeling or sensitivity; unresponsive.
Example: "Passersby were dead to our plea for help"
- (adj): Lacking animation or excitement or activity.
Example: "The party being dead we left early"
- (adj): Not yielding a return.
Example: "Dead capital"
Famous quotes containing the word dead:
“For men were born to pray and save:
Romantic Irelands dead and gone,
Its with OLeary in the grave.”
—William Butler Yeats (18651939)
“The dead level of provincial existence.”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)
“And what the dead had no speech for, when living,
They can tell you, being dead: the communication
Of the dead is tongued with fire beyond the language of the living.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)