The colours of gowns appropriate to licentiates and to graduates of the University shall be as follows:
- Licentiates in Dental Surgery: black with facings and yoke of middle green with sleeves of elbow length bordered with green outside and white inside;
- Licentiates, Bachelors and Masters in all faculties: black;
- Professional Doctorates, and Doctors of Clinical Psychology, of Education or of Philosophy: green with sleeve linings of green and facings of green bound with scarlet;
- Doctors of Dental Science: scarlet with sleeve linings of dark green and facings of mid-green;
- Doctors of Divinity: scarlet with sleeve linings of dark green and facings of white;
- Doctors of Letters, Laws, Science, Science (Engineering) or Medicine: scarlet with facings and sleeve linings of the shade of green appropriate to the faculty;
- Doctors of Music: scarlet with sleeve linings and facings of dark green with a one-inch band of white watered silk laid on the green one inch from the outside edge;
- Undergraduates of the University may wear black gowns.
Read more about this topic: Academic Dress Of The University Of Leeds
Other articles related to "gowns, gown":
1935, Katharine Hepburn's clothes.) Stage Door (1937, gowns) Manhattan Merry-Go-Round, (1937, Tamara Geva's gowns) Appointment for Love (1941, Margaret Sullavan's gowns) Back ...
... Student gowns (or more correctly undergraduate gowns) are a form of academic dress worn by undergraduate students at a number of institutions ... In the past, there used to be many different gowns for different ranks of undergraduates, but these were abolished in the 20th century ... Currently there are just one or two gowns for a single class of undergraduate ...
... In women's fashion, gown was used in English for any one-piece garment, but more often through the 18th century for an overgarment worn with a petticoat – called in French a robe ... Compare this to the short gowns or bedgowns of the later 18th century ... garment, and the most often English word for a woman's skirted garment was "gown" ...
... The Running of the Brides was a one-day sale of wedding gowns, garnering local media attention because of the sight of hundreds of brides-to-be scrambling for ... The store stocked thousands of gowns for that day, and marked them down drastically ... from $249.00 to $699.00, marked down from retail prices as high as $9,000 gowns were non-returnable ...
... never expected to be a fashion designer, and especially not a couture wedding gown designer that would be famous ... After she worked there for two years she began her own bridal gown company ... Her approach was to create stunning, simple gowns that would fit the modern woman ...
Famous quotes containing the word gowns:
“My gowns were gorgeous, always low-cut, very décolleté. I wore hardly any makeup, just some lipsticks, thats all. No lights. Just a baby spot. I wouldnt have any entrance. Theyd play the intro in the dark, and a spot would come on, and there Id be.”
—Richard Brooks (19121992)
“And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tomb-stones where flowers should be;
And Priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires.”
—William Blake (17571827)