- Sir Arthur Bliss – Concerto for Cello and Orchestra
- George Crumb
- Charles Dodge – Earth's Magnetic Field
- Mario Davidovsky – Synchronisms No. 6 for piano and electronic sound
- Morton Feldman – Madame Press Died Last Week at Ninety; The Viola in My Life 1, 2 and 3
- Luc Ferrari – Presque rien No. 1 "Le Lever du jour au bord de la mer"
- Miloslav Kabeláč – Symphony No. 8 "Antiphonies"
- György Ligeti – Continuum
- Olivier Messiaen – La Fauvette des Jardins
- Allan Pettersson – Symphony No. 9
- Karlheinz Stockhausen –
- Expo for three players with short-wave radios, and sound projectionist
- Mantra for two pianos and live electronics
- Pole for two players with short-wave radios, and sound projectionist
Read more about this topic: 1970 In Music
Other articles related to "classical music, music":
... or tritone, was called the Devil's Chord (Latin Diabolus in musica – the Devil in music) and was banned by the Roman Catholic Church in the Middle Ages ... avoided the interval, and although it is sometimes found in secular music of the time, it was used in religious music only in very specific circumstances until the existing system of keys ... Highly virtuosic violin music was sometimes associated with the Devil ...
... who devoted his life to the promotion of classical music in China ... long Cultural Revolution it drew worldwide attention and signaled the reemergence of classical music in China ... Li believed that classical music was not rarefied art for the upper class but rather something to be enjoyed by all ...
... Since microphones are not used in most classical music performances, the audition panel will be assessing the auditionees ability to project a strong, room-filling ... In classical music, in addition to judging singing ability (e.g ... use the appropriate diction and pronunciation of the major languages used in Art music German, Italian, and French ...
... Main article Music education Throughout history, parents have often made sure that their children receive classical music training from a young age ... Some parents pursue music lessons for their children for social reasons or in an effort to instill a sense of self-discipline ... Some believe that knowledge of important works of classical music is part of a good general education ...
1977 New Zealander Music producer, journalist G Kaushalya Bannerji b. 1956 American Jazz musician L Samuel Barber 1910–1981 American Classical music composer G Jillian Barberie b ... Politician G Jean Barraqué 1928–1973 French Classical music composer G Amanda Barrett b ...
Famous quotes related to classical music:
“The basic difference between classical music and jazz is that in the former the music is always greater than its performanceBeethovens Violin Concerto, for instance, is always greater than its performancewhereas the way jazz is performed is always more important than what is being performed.”
—André Previn (b. 1929)