Jones may refer to:
- Jones (surname), a common Anglo-Welsh surname
- Jones (cricketer) (first name unknown), English cricketer in the 1740s
- Jones calculus, a description of polarization in optics
- Jones Convenience Stores, a chain of shops based in Westfield, Somerset
- Jones (Animal Farm), a human character in George Orwell's novel Animal Farm
- "Jones" (Law & Order: Criminal Intent), an episode of the TV series Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- Jones Bootmaker, a UK-based footwear retailer
- Jones Soda, a brand of soda pop
- Jones Sewing Machine Company, a UK sewing-machine manufacturer acquired in 1968 by Brother Industries
- Jones, the unit of specific detectivity
Read more about Jones: Places
Other articles related to "jones":
... In 1999, Jones became the Assembly's first Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee chairman, a post he continued in until February 2000 ... Jones stood down at the 2001 election to spend more time in the Assembly ... elected President of Plaid Cymru with 77% of the vote over Helen Mary Jones ...
... Ieuan Wyn Jones is known as a keen negotiator and a "man of integrity, one who is reliable and 'a good listener'" ... Lord Ellis-Thomas, presiding officer of the Welsh Assembly, said of Jones " was a very good organizer with "huge tenacity'" ... According to Lord Elis-Thomas, Jones assiduously "talks to each (Plaid Cymru assembly) group member individually and "will ensure the government ...
... Ieuan Wyn Jones, AM (born 22 May 1949) is a Welsh politician, who was the Deputy First Minister in the Welsh Assembly Government from 2007 until 2011 ... On 3 May 2011 Jones announced he would be stepping down from his post as party leader, expected during the first half of the Assembly term 2011 to 2016 ... In 2007, Jones was named Wales' "Politician of the Year" by the BBC Wales am.pm programme ...
... There were 914 households out of which 34.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.9% were married couples living together, 11.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.3% were non-families. 22.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older ...
... Kerry Lyn Jones (born 19 April 1956) is the former National Executive Director for Australians for Constitutional Monarchy (ACM) and is the current Executive Director of ... Following a Bachelor of Music in 1977 and a Diploma of Education in 1978, Jones taught music in Sydney high schools ... From 1990-1993, Jones was Chief Executive Officer of the National Association of Nursing Homes and Private Hospitals ...
Famous quotes containing the word jones:
“Poor Casey Jones he was all right,
He stuck by his duty both day an night,”
—Unknown. Casey Jones. . .
Oxford Book of Light Verse, The. W. H. Auden, ed. (1938)
“The only road to the highest stations in this country is that of the law.”
—William Jones (17461794)
“I said in my novel that the clergyman is a kind of human Sunday. Jones and I settled that my sister May was a kind of human Good Friday and Mrs. Bovill an Easter Monday or some other Bank Holiday.”
—Samuel Butler (18351902)