Vader may refer to:
- Vader (band), a Polish death metal band
- Darth Vader, a fictional character in the Star Wars series.
- Big Van Vader, American professional wrestler
- Els Vader (born 1959), Dutch track and field athlete
- Garth Vader, a nickname for country music artist Garth Brooks
- Vader, Washington, a small town in southwest Washington state, U.S.
- Lord Vader, the censor for The Rob, Arnie, and Dawn Show
- Guitar Vader, a Japanese rock band
- Chad Vader, a series of comedy shorts that parody Star Wars
Famous quotes containing the word vader:
“Only a fully trained Jedi knight with the Force as his ally will conquer Vader and his emperor. If you end your training nowif you choose the quick and easy path, as Vader didyou will become an agent of evil.”
—Leigh Brackett (19151978)
“The obvious parallels between Star Wars and The Wizard of Oz have frequently been noted: in both there is the orphan hero who is raised on a farm by an aunt and uncle and yearns to escape to adventure. Obi-wan Kenobi resembles the Wizard; the loyal, plucky little robot R2D2 is Toto; C3PO is the Tin Man; and Chewbacca is the Cowardly Lion. Darth Vader replaces the Wicked Witch: this is a patriarchy rather than a matriarchy.”
—Andrew Gordon, U.S. educator, critic. The Inescapable Family in American Science Fiction and Fantasy Films, Journal of Popular Film and Television (Summer 1992)