Communities and Locations in Union Vale
- Camby – A location in the northeast part of the town.
- Chestnut Ridge – A location at the east town line.
- Clove – A hamlet near the town center.
- Clove Mountain – An elevation west of Clove village.
- Crouses Store – A location in the southwest part of the town.
- Lagrangeville– A hamlet in the southwestern corner of the town that Union Vale shares with the towns of Lagrange and Beekman.
- Hoxie Corner – A location southwest of Verblank.
- North Clove – A location northeast of Clove.
- Pleasant Ridge – A location in the southeast part of the town.
- Verbank – A hamlet near the north town line.
- Verbank Village – A hamlet west of Verbank.
- Oswego - A former hamlet, later a ghost town, in the northwestern part of the town, north of LaGarngeville and south of Verbank, now part of the hamlet of Moores Mills, shared with the town of LaGrange. A historic marker set of the state government marks the spot of the former hamlet. The Oswego Meeting House and Friends' Cemetery was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
Read more about this topic: Union Vale, New York
Famous quotes containing the words vale, union and/or communities:
“Far from the madding crowds ignoble strife,
Their sober wishes never learned to stray;
Along the cool sequestered vale of life
They kept the noiseless tenor of their way.”
—Thomas Gray (17161771)
“In externals we advance with lightening express speed, in modes of thought and sympathy we lumber on in stage-coach fashion.”
—Frances E. Willard 18391898, U.S. president of the Womens Christian Temperance Union 1879-1891, author, activist. The Womans Magazine, pp. 137-40 (January 1887)
“... feminist solidarity rooted in a commitment to progressive politics must include a space for rigorous critique, for dissent, or we are doomed to reproduce in progressive communities the very forms of domination we seek to oppose.”
—bell hooks (b. c. 1955)