- Captain William T. Riker is a human male, who served as the Federation flagship Enterprise-D's first officer and second-in-command under Captain Jean Luc Picard. As the vessel's first officer, Riker was offered his own command numerous times, but repeatedly turned them down in favor of remaining aboard the Enterprise, admitting to Picard in Star Trek Generations that he had always hoped he would take command of the Galaxy class starship. Following the destruction of the Enterprise-D, Riker transferred to its successor, the Enterprise-E, with Picard, and continued to serve as first officer for a continuing number of years, helping to defend Earth against the Borg, prevent the illegal relocation of the Ba'ku and destroy the Reman warbird Scimitar. Shortly before the Scimitar's destruction, Riker married his off-and-on lover, Deanna Troi, who thereafter transferred to the Titan with him to serve as the vessel's counsellor and chief diplomatic officer.
- Commander Christine Vale is a human female and Executive Officer of the starship Titan. Vale previously served as the Enterprise-E's chief tactical officer. Coming from a long line of peace officers on Izar, Commander Vale's family was gravely disappointed in her choice to join Starfleet.
- Commander Deanna Troi is a half-Human, half-Betazoid female. The wife of Captain Riker, Troi serves as the vessel's chief diplomatic officer as well as ship's Counselor, a position she previously held on both the Enterprises D and E under Captain Picard, to whom she often served as a moral advisor. Speaking during Riker and Troi's wedding, Picard noted that Troi had been his "guide and conscience" in her years on the Enterprises. Despite being only half Betazoid, Troi is a capable empath and has been shown to communicate telepathically with other Betazoids, specifically her mother, Lwaxana Troi. According to the non-canon novel, Imzadi, Troi joined Starfleet following a romantic relationship with Will Riker. (This is alluded to in the Encounter at Farpoint.)
- Commander Tuvok is a Vulcan male. Tuvok shares the cold and logical nature associated with his people. His first Starfleet assignment was aboard the USS Excelsior under Captain Hikaru Sulu, most famously during the events of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. During his service Tuvok became disenchanted with non-Vulcans and resigned from Starfleet, only to join again decades later, where he eventually settled aboard the USS Voyager under Captain Kathryn Janeway. In 2371, Tuvok was on an undercover mission infiltrating the Maquis when he became trapped in the Delta Quadrant. He was later re-united with Voyager and served as the vessel's head of security until its return home. Following his return, Tuvok worked for Starfleet Intelligence within Romulan space at the time of the Shinzon uprising, and was later rescued from imprisonment by the Titan crew, which he joined when their previous tactical officer became comatose as a result of battle. After Titan was briefly lost in the Smaller Magellanic Cloud, Tuvok's wife, T'Pel, came to live aboard the ship.
- Lieutenant Alyssa Ogawa is a human female. Like Riker and Troi, Alyssa Ogawa served for a number of years on both the Enterprises, having begun her Starfleet service aboard the Enterprise-D as an Ensign and nurse under Dr. Beverly Crusher in 2367. At the recommendation of Crusher, she was promoted to Lieutenant junior grade in 2370 and became a senior sickbay staffmember as Head Nurse. She would report to the command staff of the vessel in Crusher's absence. She also married Lt. Andrew Powell in the same year, and the two had a son. Powell was killed during the Battle of Rigel during the Dominion War, and though Ogawa did transfer to the Enterprise-E, she readily took the opportunity to leave the vessel with her son and serve within the Titan's sickbay.
- Dr. Shenti Yisec Eres Ree is a Pahkwa-thanh male. The chief medical officer of the starship Titan, Dr. Ree's friendly bedside manner is juxtaposed by his fearsome appearance. Standing over two meters tall, this bi-pedal reptile reminds Captain Will Riker of one of Earth's extinct, pack hunting dinosaurs.
- Lieutenant Commander Ranul Keru is an unjoined Trill male. The Chief of Security and Tactical Officer, Commander Keru was rendered comatose from injuries sustained during a battle between Romulan and Reman forces. Captain Riker subsequently offered the post to Tuvok until Commander Keru's recovery. Upon his awakening, Keru opted to remain security chief, leaving Tuvok as tactical officer. Keru had served previously on the Enterprise-E.
- Lieutenant Commander Jaza Najem is a Bajoran male. He serves as chief science officer. Originally serving in the Bajoran Militia, he entered Starfleet when Bajor joined the Federation in 2376. He was briefly romantically involved with first officer Christine Vale.
- Commander Xin Ra-Havreii is an Efrosian male. He worked at Utopia Planitia as a head designer of the Luna-class, holding a doctorate in warp field mechanics and a reserve rank of commander. Traveling with the crew on Titan 's first mission, he took over as chief engineer after Lieutenant Commander Nilani Ledrah's death.
Read more about this topic: Star Trek: Titan
Famous quotes containing the word characters:
“The major men
That is different. They are characters beyond
Reality, composed thereof. They are
The fictive man created out of men.
They are men but artificial men.”
—Wallace Stevens (18791955)
“I have often noticed that after I had bestowed on the characters of my novels some treasured item of my past, it would pine away in the artificial world where I had so abruptly placed it.”
—Vladimir Nabokov (18991977)
“Do you set down your name in the scroll of youth, that are written down old with all the characters of age?”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)