Spanish may refer to:
- Of or related to Spain
- Spanish language, the official language of Spain and most of Latin America
- Spanish people (or Spaniards)
- The Spanish Empire, the empire administrated by Spain from the 15th century
- Spanish cuisine
- "Spanish" (song), R&B song by Craig David
- Spanish, Ontario, a town in the Canadian province of Ontario
- Spanish River (Ontario), a major river in Northern Ontario
- Liquorice, known as Spanish in Yorkshire and Lancashire
- Spain (disambiguation)
Famous quotes containing the word spanish:
“Wheeler: Arent you the fellow the Mexicans used to call Brachine?
Dude: Thats nearly right. Only its Borracho.
Wheeler: I dont think I ever seen you like this before.
Dude: You mean sober. Youre probably right. You know what Borracho means?
Wheeler: My Spanish aint too good.
Dude: It means drunk. No, if the name bothers ya they used to call me Dude.”
—Jules Furthman (18881960)
“Its like a jumble of huts in a jungle somewhere. I dont understand how you can live there. Its really, completely dead. Walk along the street, theres nothing moving. Ive lived in small Spanish fishing villages which were literally sunny all day long everyday of the week, but they werent as boring as Los Angeles.”
—Truman Capote (19241984)
“I have known a German Prince with more titles than subjects, and a Spanish nobleman with more names than shirts.”
—Oliver Goldsmith (17281774)