Spanish may refer to:
- Of or related to Spain
- Spanish language, the official language of Spain and most of Latin America
- Spanish people (or Spaniards)
- The Spanish Empire, the empire administrated by Spain from the 15th century
- Spanish cuisine
- "Spanish" (song), R&B song by Craig David
- Spanish, Ontario, a town in the Canadian province of Ontario
- Spanish River (Ontario), a major river in Northern Ontario
- Liquorice, known as Spanish in Yorkshire and Lancashire
- Spain (disambiguation)
Famous quotes containing the word spanish:
“The French courage proceeds from vanitythe German from phlegmthe Turkish from fanaticism & opiumthe Spanish from pridethe English from coolnessthe Dutch from obstinacythe Russian from insensibilitybut the Italian from anger.”
—George Gordon Noel Byron (17881824)
“They are a curious mixture of Spanish tradition, American imitation, and insular limitation. This explains why they never catch on to themselves.”
—Helen Lawrenson (19041982)
“Wheeler: Arent you the fellow the Mexicans used to call Brachine?
Dude: Thats nearly right. Only its Borracho.
Wheeler: I dont think I ever seen you like this before.
Dude: You mean sober. Youre probably right. You know what Borracho means?
Wheeler: My Spanish aint too good.
Dude: It means drunk. No, if the name bothers ya they used to call me Dude.”
—Jules Furthman (18881960)