Other Planned Support
- Ability Office developers declared planned ODF support for the next major version of their office suite
- Evermore Integrated Office - EIOffice 2009 will support ODF in the update. As stated on Evermore Software website: "Work is underway to both read and write to this new format as well as *.pdf and *.odf file formats in the update." Last version of EIOffice 2009 (5.0.1272.101EN.L1) cannot open or save ODF files.
- Haansoft's Hangul Word Processor will support OpenDocument format documents in its next version for Windows, which is planned for the end of 2009.
- An extension for Mozilla Firefox has been proposed by a developer named Talin, according to Mozilla hacker Gervase Markham (source); it has since been further modified by Alex Hudson and was hosted in the official Firefox extension repository.
- Wikipedia announced that it will use ODF for printing wikis.
- BlackBerry smartphones are going to support ODF in their embedded office suites, starting mid-2009.
- The WordPad editor in Windows 7 already includes support for ODF.
Read more about this topic: Open Document Software
Famous quotes containing the words planned and/or support:
“Once I planned to write a book of poems entirely about the things in my pocket. But I found it would be too long; and the age of the great epics is past.”
—Gilbert Keith Chesterton (18741936)
“Every winter the liquid and trembling surface of the pond, which was so sensitive to every breath, and reflected every light and shadow, becomes solid to the depth of a foot or a foot and a half, so that it will support the heaviest teams, and perchance the snow covers it to an equal depth, and it is not to be distinguished from any level field. Like the marmots in the surrounding hills, it closes its eyelids and becomes dormant for three months or more.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)