Onward may refer to:
- Onward, Indiana, a town in the United States
- "Onward (song)"
- "Onwards", a song by the Afro Celt Sound System from the album Volume 3: Further in Time
- Onward Victoria, a musical
- "Onward, Christian Soldiers"
- Onward (album), a 2012 album by Hawkwind
- Onward Brass Band, the name of two orchestras in New Orleans.
- USS Onward, 1852 clipper ship, served as US Navy ship in the Civil War
- Onwards, an album by Norwegian band Triosphere.
- Onwards!, a song in the fifth series of Doctor Who.
Famous quotes containing the word onward:
“I have given the best of myself and the best work of my life to help obtain political freedom for women, knowing that upon this rests the hope not only of the freedom of men but of the onward civilization of the world.”
—Mary S. Anthony (18271907)
“As the bird trims her to the gale,
I trim myself to the storm of time,
I man the rudder, reef the sail,
Obey the voice at eve obeyed in prime:
Lowly faithful, banish fear,
Right onward drive unharmed;
The port, well worth the cruise, is near,
And every wave is charmed.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson (18031882)
“... the modern drama, operating through the double channel of dramatist and interpreter, affecting as it does both mind and heart, is the strongest force in developing social discontent, swelling the powerful tide of unrest that sweeps onward and over the dam of ignorance, prejudice, and superstition.”
—Emma Goldman (18691940)