As of the 2007-08 school year, Newark Academy had students from 79 communities in grades 6-12. There were 410 students in the upper school and 145 students in middle school. Ethnic minority students comprise 25% of the student population and 4% of the total population are international students from Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, India, Israel, Russia, and the United Kingdom.
- 6% of students have dual citizenship.
- 15% have spent time living in other countries.
- 16% are fluent in a foreign language.
- 19% speak a foreign language at home.
- 29% have parents who were raised in another country.
- 93% have traveled outside the U.S.
Read more about this topic: Newark Academy