Matthew may refer to:
- Matthew (name), the given name
- Matthew (surname)
- Matthew (ship), the ship sailed by John Cabot in 1497 from Bristol to North America
- Matthew (album), an album by rapper Kool Keith
- Saint Matthew, one of the apostles of Jesus
- Gospel of Matthew, a book of the Bible
Famous quotes containing the word matthew:
“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruit worthy of repentance.”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 3:7-8.
“Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.”
—Bible: New Testament Matthew 10:16.
Jesus, sending forth the Apostles.
“And about three oclock Jesus cried with a loud voice, Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani? that is, My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 27:46.