Main may refer to:
- Main (river), a major river and tributary of the Rhine in Germany
- Main River (Chukotka), a river in Far Eastern Siberia
- Main River, an unincorporated community in Weldford Parish, New Brunswick, Canada
- Main River (Newfoundland), a river in Newfoundland, Canada
- Main (Northern Ireland), a river in Northern Ireland as seen at Map of Northern Ireland near the town of Ballymena
- Saint Laurent Boulevard, a street in Montreal, Quebec, Canada is known as "The Main"
- Spanish Main, a name given to the Caribbean coast
- Main Street, a generic street name
- Main (lunar crater), a crater on the moon
- Main function (programming), a common function in some programming languages
- Main (surname), people with the surname Main
- Main (band), experimental musicians
- Ma'in, alternate spelling for the Minaeans, an ancient people of modern-day Yemen during the 1st millennium BC
- Water main
- Main course
- Gas main
- Chas. T. Main, an engineering company, later bought by Parsons Corporation
- main as a synonym for the ocean, as in the song "Sailing, Sailing"
- Mountain Area Information Network, an Internet service provider and web hosting service and operator of WPVM-LP (MAIN-FM) Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Famous quotes containing the word main:
“The main foundations of every state, new states as well as ancient or composite ones, are good laws and good arms ... you cannot have good laws without good arms, and where there are good arms, good laws inevitably follow.”
—Niccolò Machiavelli (14691527)
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
—Bible: New Testament John 8:32.
These words of Jesus are inscribed on the wall of the main lobby at the CIA headquarters, Langley, Virginia.
“I do not deny that there may be other well-founded causes for the hatred which various classes feel toward politicians, but the main one seems to me that politicians are symbols of the fact that every class must take every other class into account.”
—José Ortega Y Gasset (18831955)