Macedonian refers to different population groups, languages and other things from Macedonia, in any of several meanings of that term.
More specifically, it may refer to:
- Population uses
- Macedonians (ethnic group), the Slavic people associated with the Republic of Macedonia.
- Macedonians (Greeks), the Greek people from the region of Macedonia in Greece.
- Macedonians (Bulgarians), the Bulgarian people from the region of Macedonia.
- Macedo-Romanians (Aromanians), a small group from the region of Macedonia.
- Linguistic uses
- Macedonian language, a modern Slavic language spoken by ethnic Macedonians.
- Historical uses
- Ancient Macedonians, the people of the ancient kingdom of Macedonia.
- Ancient Macedonian language, an extinct language, probably related to the ancient Greek language.
- Macedonian Dynasty, a line of rulers of the Byzantine Empire (867 - 1056 AD).
- Pneumatomachi, also known as Macedonians, a 4th century Byzantine Christian sect.
- Other uses
- HMS Macedonian, a British frigate (1808–1812).