In Popular Culture
- The 1955 film Kentucky Rifle gravitates around a trail wagon containing one hundred longrifles. The gun, which is actually the main star of that movie, is displayed under every angle and is even the object of lyric descriptive monologues by veteran actor Chill Wills.
- On the show Antiques Roadshow an 1810 Kentucky Rifle was appraised at $20,000
- The 1826 novel by James Fenimore Cooper The Last of the Mohicans (and the films based on it) features a longrifle wielding character Hawkeye (played in the 1992 film by Daniel Day-Lewis) who is nicknamed by other characters as Le Longue Carabine ("LongRifle")
- The Kentucky Longrifle was featured in the fifth episode of History Channel's reality television show Top Shot.
- The rifle was used by George Washington's forces in the first episode of the third season Deadliest Warrior.
Read more about this topic: Long Rifle
Famous quotes containing the words popular and/or culture:
“Vodka is our enemy, so lets finish it off.”
—Russian saying popular in the Soviet period, trans. by Vladimir Ivanovich Shlyakov (1993)
“Unthinking people will often try to teach you how to do the things which you can do better than you can be taught to do them. If you are sure of all this, you can start to add to your value as a mother by learning the things that can be taught, for the best of our civilization and culture offers much that is of value, if you can take it without loss of what comes to you naturally.”
—D.W. Winnicott (20th century)