The university's academic organisation is divided into three main faculties:
- The Faculty of Arts and Humanities The faculty covers creative and performing arts – Music, Art, Design, Drama, Theatre Studies, Dance mainly based at Hope's Creative campus – as well as Media, English, History, Politics, Theology and Religious Studies at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- The Education Faculty includes all Initial Teacher Training programmes (BA QTS and PGCE), Disability Studies, Education Studies and Early Childhood Studies as well as a range of Foundation Degrees, Masters and CPD courses. There is a growing research culture within the Deanery.
- The Faculty of Science and Social Science contains the Liverpool Hope Business School and the Department of Computer Science as well as a wide range of subjects from Sport, Health and Geography to Sociology, Psychology and Criminology. There are a number of Masters programmes and areas of research strength. Masters programmes in Business Management and Computer Science are very popular, particularly with international students, as is the MBA.
The university's administrative organisation is also divided into a number of groups.
- External Relations & Widening Participation: responsible for external relations and partnerships in the City of Liverpool, the north west region, nationally and internationally. This area is also responsible for Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions. The International Recruitment Team is based within this group with responsibility for recruitment of international and study abroad students. Also within this area is responsibility for the Centre for Widening Participation (http://www.hope.ac.uk/cwp.
- Research and Academic Affairs: with responsibility for academic development throughout the university, including leading planning and implementing strategies to improve scholarship, helping in recruiting high quality staff, developing key research clusters and providing leadership for Human Resources.
- Student Support and Well-being: with overall responsibility for everything that directly influences student learning support and pastoral and personal care of students.
- Resource Management & Planning: With overall responsibility for Planning, Estates, Catering, Finance, and the university's business units including The Development Office, Enterprise and Conference Services.
Read more about this topic: Liverpool Hope University
Famous quotes containing the word organisation:
“It is because the body is a machine that education is possible. Education is the formation of habits, a superinducing of an artificial organisation upon the natural organisation of the body.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley (18251895)