List Of Foreign Premier League Players
This is a list of foreign players in the Premier League, which commenced play in 1992. The following players must meet both of the following two criteria:
- Have played at least one Premier League game. Players who were signed by Premier League clubs, but only played in lower league, cup and/or European games, or did not play in any competitive games at all, are not included.
- Are considered foreign, i.e., outside the United Kingdom, or Ireland determined by the following:
- A player is considered foreign if he is not eligible to play for the national teams of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- If a player has been capped on international level, the national team is used; if he has been capped by more than one country, the highest level (or the most recent) team is used. These include British/Irish players with dual citizenship.
- If a player has not been capped on international level, his country of birth is used, except those who were born abroad from British parents or moved to the United Kingdom at a young age, and those who clearly indicated to have switched his nationality to another nation.
Clubs listed are those for which the player has played at least one Premier League game—and seasons are those in which the player has played at least one Premier League game. Note that seasons, not calendar years, are used. For example, "1992–95" indicates that the player has played in every season from 1992–93 to 1994–95, but not necessarily every calendar year from 1992 to 1995. Therefore, a player should always have a listing under at least two years - for instance, a player making his debut in 2011, during the 2011–12 season, will have '2011–12' after his name. This follows general practice in expressing sporting seasons in the UK.
In bold: players who have played at least one Premier League game in the current season (2012–13), and are still at the clubs for which they've played. This does not include current players of a Premier League club who have not played a Premier League game in the current season.
- Details correct as of end of 2011-12 season. Next update will remove all players at relegated teams and that have left their clubs from Bold status, and add newly promoted teams' players. This will be undertaken on the first day of the 2012-13 season in August 2012.
|Contents Albania | Algeria | Angola | Antigua and Barbuda | Argentina | Australia | Austria | Barbados | Belarus | Belgium | Benin | Bermuda | Bolivia | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Brazil | Bulgaria | Cameroon | Canada | Cape Verde | Chile | China | Colombia | Congo | Congo DR | Costa Rica | Croatia | Curaçao | Cyprus | Czech Republic | Denmark | Ecuador | Egypt | Estonia | Faroe Islands | Finland | France | Gabon | Georgia | Germany | Ghana | Greece | Grenada | Guinea | Guyana | Honduras | Hungary | Iceland | Iran | Israel | Italy | Ivory Coast | Jamaica | Japan | Korea Republic | Latvia | Liberia | Lithuania | Macedonia | Mali | Mexico | Montenegro | Montserrat | Morocco | Netherlands | New Zealand | Nigeria | Norway | Oman | Pakistan | Paraguay | Peru | Poland | Portugal | Romania | Russia | Saint Kitts and Nevis | Senegal | Serbia | Seychelles | Sierra Leone | Slovakia | Slovenia | South Africa | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Togo | Trinidad and Tobago | Tunisia | Turkey | Ukraine | United States | Uruguay | Zambia | Zimbabwe|
Read more about List Of Foreign Premier League Players: Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Chile, China PR, Colombia, Congo, Congo DR, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guinea, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Korea Republic, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United States, Uruguay, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Famous quotes containing the words list of, list, foreign, league and/or players:
“A mans interest in a single bluebird is worth more than a complete but dry list of the fauna and flora of a town.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“Lovers, forget your love,
And list to the love of these,
She a window flower,
And he a winter breeze.”
—Robert Frost (18741963)
“Was I not born in this Realm? Were my parents born in any foreign country?... Is not my Kingdom here? Whom have I oppressed? Whom have I enriched to others harm? What turmoil have I made to this Commonwealth that I should be suspected to have no regard of the same?”
—Elizabeth I (15331603)
“Stereotypes fall in the face of humanity. You toodle along, thinking that all gay men wear leather after dark and should never, ever be permitted around a Little League field. And then one day your best friend from college, the one your kids adore, comes out to you.”
—Anna Quindlen (b. 1952)
“Will you see the players well bestowed? Do you hear, let them
be well used, for they are the abstracts and brief chronicles of the time. After your death you were better have a bad epitaph than their ill report while you live.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)