- Sheridan Anderson – Sheridan Andreas Mulholland Anderson was an American outdoorsman, fly fisherman, author, and illustrator.
- Dan Bailey – Dan Bailey was a fly-shop owner, innovative fly developer and staunch Western conservationist.
- Juliana Berners – Juliana Berners, English writer on heraldry, hawking and hunting, is said to have been prioress of Sopwell Nunnery near St Albans.
- Charles Cotton – Charles Cotton was an English poet and writer, best known for translating the work of Michel de Montaigne from the French, for his contributions to The Compleat Angler, and for the highly influential The Compleat Gamester which has been attributed to him.
- Daryl Crimp – Daryl Crimp is a New Zealand writer, illustrator and cartoonist.
- Bill Dance – Bill Dance is an angler and host of Bill Dance Outdoors, a fishing television series on the Versus channel.
- Frank Parker Day – Frank Parker Day was a Canadian athlete, academic and author.
- Michael de Avila – Michael de Avila is an American television personality, filmmaker, and producer from New York, New York.
- John Dietsch – John Dietsch is the author of the book Shadowcasting: An Introduction to the Art of Flyfishing.
- John Gierach – John Gierach is an American author and freelance writer who formerly resided on the St.
- Arnold Gingrich – Arnold Gingrich was the editor of, and, along with publisher David A.
- George F. Grant – George F.
- Frederic M. Halford – Frederic Michael Halford, pseudonym Detached Badger, was a wealthy and influential British angler and fly fishing author.
- Charles Hallock – Charles Hallock was an American author born in New York City to Gerard Hallock and Elizabeth Allen.
- Matt Hayes – Matthew 'Matt' Hayes is a renowned British angler
- Charles F. Holder – Charles Frederick Holder was the inventor of big-game fishing and a founder of Pasadena's Tournament of Roses and the Tuna Club of Avalon on Santa Catalina Island.
- Rex Hunt – Rex James Hunt is an Australian television and radio personality, and a former Australian rules football player.
- Billy Lane – Billy Lane was an English angler and author.
- Larry Larsen – Larry Larsen is a United States world-class freshwater sport fishermen and author.
- Norman Maclean – Norman Fitzroy Maclean was an American author and scholar noted for his books A River Runs Through It and Other Stories and Young Men and Fire .
- Roland Martin – Roland Martin is a professional sport fisherman.
- Don Martinez – Donald S.
- Hank Parker – Hank Parker is a well-known professional bass fisherman in the United States.
- James Prosek – James Prosek is an American artist, writer and naturalist.
- Skeet Reese – Skeet Reese is a professional sport fisherman of the B.A.S.S.
- Ernest Schwiebert – Ernest George Schwiebert, Ph.D.
- G. E. M. Skues – George Edward MacKenzie Skues, usually known as G.
- Red Smith – Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith was an American sportswriter who rose to become one of America's most widely read sports columnists.
- Jakub Vágner – Jakub Vágner is a musician, television presenter and extreme angler specializing in travel and natural history.
- Robert Venables – Robert Venables, was a soldier during the English Civil War and noted angler.
- Jeremy Wade – Jeremy John Wade
- Richard Walker – Richard Stuart Walker was an English angler.
- Izaak Walton – Izaak Walton was an English writer.
- John Wilson – John Wilson is a British angler who has been involved with angling television production for the last 20 years featuring on Channel 4 Television and more recently on the digital TV channel, Discovery Real Time.
- Babe Winkelman – Babe Winkelman is a world-renowned Minnesota-based professional fisherman, first coming into the national spotlight with "Babe Winkelman's Good Fishing" television program, which was first syndicated nationwide in the mid-1980s.
- Philip Wylie – Philip Gordon Wylie was a prolific American author on subjects ranging from pulp science fiction, mysteries, social diatribes and satire, to ecology and the threat of nuclear holocaust.
- Chris Yates – Chris Yates is an angler, photographer, broadcaster, tea connoisseur, prolific writer with contributions to the Idler magazine and former Editor of Waterlog magazine. He is a celebrated British fisherman and former record holder with the capture of 51 lb specimen carp from the famous Redmire pool .
Read more about this topic: List Of Fishing Topics By Subject
Famous quotes containing the word fishing:
For watermelons gutted to the crust,
Mud for the mole-tide harbor, mud for mouse,
Mud for the armored Diesel fishing tubs that thud
A year and a day to wind and tide; the dust
Is on this skipping heart that shakes my house,”
—Robert Lowell (19171977)