List Of Bengali-language Authors (chronological)
This is a Chronological list of Bengali language authors (regardless of nationality or religion), by date of birth. Alphabetical order is used only when chronological order cannot be ascertained.
The list also marks the winners of major international and national awards:
- Nobel Prize winners are marked with
- Ramon Magsaysay Award winners are marked with:
- Bharat Ratna winners are marked with:
- Padma Vibhushan winners are marked with:
- Padma Bhushan winners are marked with:
- Independence Day Award winners are marked with: and
- Ekushey Padak winners are marked with: .
- Banga-Vibhushan winners are marked with:.
For an alphabetic listing of Bengali language authors please refer to alphabetic list of Bengali language authors.
Famous quotes containing the words list and/or authors:
“All is possible,
Who so list believe;
Trust therefore first, and after preve,
As men wed ladies by license and leave,
All is possible.”
—Sir Thomas Wyatt (1503?1542)
“Age appears to be best in four thingsold wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.”
—Francis Bacon (15611626)