KDChi Quick Facts
- Kappa Delta Chi was recognized as an official organization at Texas Tech University on April 6, 1987
- KDChi's National Headquarters is in Lubbock, Texas.
- KDChi has an established National Alumni Association with alumnae chapters and regions coast to coast.
- KDChi supports two National Philanthropy endeavors, the Kappa Delta Chi Foundation and the American Cancer Society.
- KDChi has university-recognized chapters throughout the United States.
- KDChi is at 13 states throughout the country including Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Washington, Wisconsin, Kansas, Oklahoma, Florida, Oregon, Idaho and is the only Latino Greek entity in the state of Utah and has prospective colonies in Illinois, New York and various other states across the nation.
- KDChi has undergraduate and alumni sisters world wide with official undergrad and alumni chapters from Coast to Coast.
- KDChi holds the penguin as its mascot.
- KDChi holds the pink rose as its flower.
- KDChi prohibits hazing.
- The official KDChi motto as voted on the national body and the marketing committee was chosen in 2008 and it is "Leading with Integrity, United through Service." This motto exemplifies what the sorority represents.
- Civil Rights Advocate Dolores Huerta is an honorary sister of Kappa Delta Chi Sorority Inc. as of January 2001 as inducted by Alpha Alpha Chapter of KDChi in Wichita, Kansas.
- KDChi celebrated its 24th Anniversary in April 2011
- Annually, KDChi holds a National Conference where leadership, sisterhood and training special events takes place. This year it will be held in June in San Antonio, TX.
- KDChi is a member of the National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations (NALFO).
- In 2011, Kappa Delta Chi Sorority won the following 5 prestigious awards from NALFO: National Organization of the Year, *Campus Leadership Excellence- Diana Pena - Pi Chapter, University of Texas at Austin, *Undergraduate Chapter of the Year - Alpha Sigma Chapter from Florida State University. This is the second consecutive year they win this award. *Organizational Leadership Excellence - Mary Gonzalez - KDChi Vice President of Collegiate Affairs and Pi Chapter Alum and *Professional of the Year - Gina Garcia - KDChi Vice President of Public Affairs and Pi Chapter Alum.
- In 2010, Kappa Delta Chi Sorority won the prestigious awards from NALFO: Philanthropic Organization of the year, Best Undergraduate Chapter -Alpha Sigma Chapter at Florida State University, Professional of the Year- Delia Garcia, and Rising Professional of the Year- Mary Gonzalez.
Read more about this topic: Kappa Delta Chi
Famous quotes containing the words quick and/or facts:
“If the quick fire of youth light not your mind,
You are no maiden, but a monument.
When you are dead, you should be such a one
As you are now; for you are cold and stern.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)
“Obviously the facts are never just coming at you but are incorporated by an imagination that is formed by your previous experience. Memories of the past are not memories of facts but memories of your imaginings of the facts.”
—Philip Roth (b. 1933)