Joel or Yoel may refer to:
- Joel (given name), origin of the name including a list of people with the first name
- Joel (prophet), a prophet of an ancient Israel
- Book of Joel, a book in the Jewish Tanakh, and the Christian Bible
- Joel (son of Samuel), firstborn son of Samuel.
- JO:EL, Danish rapper, singer and producer, signed to Danish Tabu Records
Joel is the surname of:
- Joel family, a British family of brothers who became rich from diamond and gold mining in South Africa
- Alex Joel
- Billy Joel, an American singer-songwriter
- Karl Joel (philosopher), German philosopher
- Karl Amson Joel, German entrepreneur
- Lawrence Joel, American war hero and Medal of Honor recipient
- Manuel Joël, Silesian Jewish philosopher
- Richard M. Joel, president of Yeshiva University
- Robert Joel, American actor
Joel or Yoel is the given name of:
- Joel Spitzer, smoking cessation educator who often signs his posts "Joel"
- Joel Stransky, South African rugby union player
- Yoel Judah, American 3x world champion kickboxer and boxer & trainer
- Yoel Teitelbaum former Rebbe of Satmar. He was probably the best known Haredi opponent of all forms of modern political Zionism.
- Joel Spolsky, software engineer
Famous quotes containing the word joel:
“They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”
—Bible: Hebrew Isaiah, 2:4.
The words reappear in Micah 4:3, and the reverse injunction is made in Joel 3:10 (Beat your plowshares into swords ...)