A Representative Metcalfe Poem
One of Metcalfe's poems is about "The Friends I Had":
- I used to have some special friends
- I do not have today
- And many times I wonder why
- We had to drift away.
- I wrote them letters now and then
- And some of them replied,
- Yet gradually and casually
- The correspondence died.
- But every time I think of them
- And hold them in my heart,
- I wonder why they do not write
- And why we had to part.
Read more about this topic: James J. Metcalfe
Famous quotes containing the word poem:
“Ive never read a political poem thats accomplished anything. Poetry makes things happen, but rarely what the poet wants.”
—Howard Nemerov (19201991)