.iq is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Iraq.
This domain was in limbo for years, as the delegated manager was imprisoned in Texas on charges of alleged connection to Hamas (a State Dept designated terrorist organization), for which he was later convicted in 2005. Some talk of redelegation and relaunching began taking place at the time of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and in 2005 a redelegation to the National Communications and Media Commission of Iraq was approved by ICANN.
Registrations are within these categories:
- .iq: General
- gov.iq: Governmental entities
- edu.iq: Educational Institutions
- com.iq: Commercial entities
- mil.iq: Military Institutions
- org.iq: Non-profit organizations
- net.iq: Network Service Providers