An Imperial Court (or imperial court) is the noble court of an empire (see List of empires).
- The imperial court (Holy Roman Empire) of the Holy Roman Empire.
- The noble court of an Emperor of China, Emperor of Japan, Emperor of Ethiopia, Emperor of Austria, Emperor of India, Emperor of Persia, etc.
- The pre-Meiji period Imperial Court in Kyoto
- The noble courts of the Roman Empire, German Empire, Austro-Hungarian Empire, Ottoman Empire, Zulu Empire, Mughal Empire, Byzantine Empire, etc.
In addition, the idea of an "Imperial Court" has given its name to:
- Imperial Court System, non-profit organization in North America
- Imperial Courts, Los Angeles, California, public housing
Famous quotes containing the words imperial and/or court:
“When your fathers fixed the place of GOD,
And settled all the inconvenient saints,
Apostles, martyrs, in a kind of Whipsnade,
Then they could set about imperial expansion
Accompanied by industrial development.”
—T.S. (Thomas Stearns)
“A friend ithe court is better than a penny in purse.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)