George Munro may refer to:
- George Munro, 10th Baron of Foulis (d. 1452), Scottish clan chief.
- George Munro, 1st of Newmore (1602 - 1693), fought as a royalist for King Charles II of England, Scotland and Ireland.
- George Munro, 1st of Auchinbowie, fought as a royalist for King William III of England, Scotland and Ireland.
- George Monro(e)/Munro(e) (1680-1731), English composer
- George Munro, 1st of Culcairn (d. 1746), fought as a royalist for King George I of Great Britain and George II of Great Britain.
- George Munro (philanthropist) (1825-1896)
- George Munro (publisher) (1864-1893)
- George Campbell Munro (1866-1963), botanist and ornithologist, see Molokaʻi ʻŌʻō
Famous quotes containing the word munro:
“Wit is often concise and sparkling, compressed into an original pun or metaphor. Brevity is said to be its soul. Humor can be more leisurely, diffused through a whole story or picture which undertakes to show some of the comic aspects of life. What it devalues may be human nature in general, by showing that certain faults or weaknesses are universal. As such it is kinder and more philosophic than wit which focuses on a certain individual, class, or social group.”
—Thomas Munro (18971974)