Fred Rouhling (born January 24, 1970) is a French rock climber, famed for his 1995 proposal of the grade 9b/5.15b for his unrepeated climb Akira. (See Realization, or rather Biographie.) Other notable climbs of his include:
- Hugh (9a) in Eaux-Claires, France, first ascent (FA) in 1993.
- L'autre côté du ciel, or The Other Side of the Sky, (9a) in Eaux-Claires, France, FA in 1997.
- In 2002, repeated Bain de Sang (9a, FA by Fred Nicole) in Saint Loup, Switzerland.
- Mandallaz Drive (9a/5.14d) at d’Allonzier la Caille, near Haute-Savoie, south of Geneva, FA in 2004.
- In 2007, FA of Salamandre 9a/b at Saint-Pierre en Faucigny.
Read more about Fred Rouhling: Problems
Famous quotes containing the word fred:
“But the Krell forgot one thing.... Monsters, John, monsters from the id.”
—Cyril Hume, and Fred McLeod Wilcox. Lt. Doc Ostrow (Warren Stevens)