Besides Julia, the reference implementation in Java maintained in the ObjectWeb Fractal project, there are several other implementations of the Fractal component model in other projects, including non ObjectWeb projects:
- AOKell is a Java implementation similar to Julia, but based on AspectJ instead of mixins. It can execute the same applications as Julia, including Fractal RMI, Fractal ADL, Fractal Explorer.
- FracTalk is a SmallTalk implementation of the Fractal component model.
- FractNet is a .Net implementation of the Fractal component model.
- Plasma is a C++ implementation of Fractal, geared at multimedia applications.
- ProActive is a distributed and asynchronous implementation of Fractal geared at Grid Computing.
- Think is a C implementation of Fractal geared at operating system development.
- Cecilia is another C implementation of Fractal, forked from Think v3.
Read more about this topic: Fractal Component Model