Dishes Made From Beaten Rice
- Aval Nanachathu also called Aval Kuthirthathu (Kerala): Beaten rice is mixed with milk, sugar, ground coconut and banana pieces. Peanuts or cashews may be used.
- Aval Velayichathu (Kerala): Beaten rice fried in ghee and mixed with jaggery, dal, cahews, peanuts and ground coconut.
- Dahi Chiuraa (Nepali): Beaten rice mixed with ripe banana, yogurt, and sugar.
- Dhau Baji (Newar): Beaten rice is dry roasted in a pan, then mixed with yogurt and sugar.
- Chindé'r pulao : A snack prepared by immersing the rice flakes in cold water, drying them, and then preparing pilaf-style with nuts, raisins, black pepper, green chillies, and salt and sugar to taste. This is very popular as a breakfast or evening dish in families, and may not be available in any stores or restaurants.
- Chindé bheja : Some flakes are immersed in a bowl of water, flavoured with lime juice, salt, sugar, and a little black pepper.
- Bajeel Ogarne : Here beaten rice is seasoned with mustard seeds, coconut oil, and red chillies.
- Beaten rice with curds : Beaten rice is soaked in water and then sieved. Curd is added with table salt, and eaten with mango or lemon pickle.
- Kanda Pohe : Small pieces of boiled potato, onion, mustard seeds, turmeric and red chilli are seasoned and mixed with soaked and sieved beaten rice, and served hot.
- Dadpe Pohe : Thin or medium sized beaten rice is mixed with fresh coconut, grated green mangos, chili powder, and coriander. Then, it is seasoned with salt and a fried mixture of peanut oil, mustard seeds, turmeric, and finely chopped onions.
- Dahi Chuda : Beaten rice is cleaned with water to make it little bit soft. Then, yogurt and sugar is added. This way of eating flattened rice is famous in Bihar and Orissa, and it is eaten as the first meal during festival of Makar Sankranti.
- Poha Jalebi : This is the most famous breakfast across the Malwa region of Madhya Pradesh especially in Indore, Ujjain, Ratlam, Mandsaur.
- Kharbujache Pohe: Beaten rice with muskmelon.
Read more about this topic: Flattened Rice
Famous quotes containing the words dishes, beaten and/or rice:
“No more anything to drink;
Leave those dishes in the sink.”
—Herman Hupfeld (18941951)
“Thus, far from the beaten highways and the dust and din of travel, we beheld the country privately, yet freely, and at our leisure.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“... there has been a very special man in my life for the past year. All Ill say about him is that hes kind, warm, mature, someone I can trustand hes not a politician.”
—Donna Rice (b. c. 1962)