Egyptian may refer to:
- Of or pertaining to Egypt, a country in northeastern Africa
- A citizen of Egypt. See Demographics of Egypt.
- Egyptians, an ethnic group in North Africa
- Egyptian Arabic, the language spoken in Egypt. See also Languages of Egypt.
- Egyptian culture, culture of the nation
- Egyptian cuisine
- Of or pertaining to ancient Egyptian civilization, from circa 3200 BC to 343 BC
- Ancient Egyptian cuisine
- Egyptian language, spoken until the seventeenth century
- Egyptians (Balkans), an unrelated Albanian-speaking ethnic minority of Kosovo and Macedonia
- of or pertaining to the region of Southern Illinois known as "Egypt" or "Little Egypt"
- The Egyptian, a 1945 historical novel by Mika Waltari
- The Egyptian (film), a 1954 film by Michael Curtiz, based on Waltari's novel
- Slab serif letter forms in typography
- Egyptian (typeface)
Read more about Egyptian: People
Famous quotes containing the word egyptian:
“...the Hebrew women are not like the Egyptian women; for they are vigorous and give birth before the midwife comes to them.”
—Bible: Hebrew, Exodus 1:19.
Egyptian midwives to Pharaoh.
“What was I saying? An Egyptian king
Once touched long fingers, which are not anything.”
—Allen Tate (18991979)
“What greater light can be hoped for in the moral sciences? The subject part of mankind in most places might, instead thereof, with Egyptian bondage expect Egyptian darkness, were not the candle of the Lord set up by himself in mens minds, which it is impossible for the breath or power of man wholly to extinguish.”
—John Locke (16321704)