Doubles may refer to:
- Doubles (food), Trinidadian food
- Double (baseball), a two-base hit
- Doubles (tennis), in sports like tennis and badminton refers to games with two players on each side
- Doubles (basketball), refers to a professional basketball team winning the highest division of its national league and its country's cup competition both in the same year at club level.
- Doubles (bells), a ringing method rung on five church bells
- a type of semi-trailer truck
- Doubles (2000 film), a 2000 Tamil-language film
- Doubles (2011 film), a 2011 Malayalam-language film
- Doubles (matching numbers), such as 22, 33, 44, and so on.
Famous quotes containing the word doubles:
“For the poison of hatred seated near the heart doubles the burden for the one who suffers the disease; he is burdened with his own sorrow, and groans on seeing anothers happiness.”
—Aeschylus (525456 B.C.)
“Despots play their part in the works of thinkers. Fettered words are terrible words. The writer doubles and trebles the power of his writing when a ruler imposes silence on the people. Something emerges from that enforced silence, a mysterious fullness which filters through and becomes steely in the thought. Repression in history leads to conciseness in the historian, and the rocklike hardness of much celebrated prose is due to the tempering of the tyrant.”
—Victor Hugo (18021885)